Product Manager - Integrations
Integrate All The Things!!!1!!11
Our base product, the wallet, allows users to hold their own funds in their own device, without relying on anyone else to access their money. The wallet is able to manage the user’s security and identity, making it a powerful tool for the crypto age, but Bread’s real vibrance and utility comes from integrations with third-party services that build upon this base platform. The integrations specialist will be in charge of managing these products and making Bread even more powerful for our users.
What we're doing at Bread
Bread is at the heart of a financial revolution. We're building the missing piece of infrastructure that ties together the essential functionality of a bank, but where individuals retain complete control over their assets. As a a financial infrastructure company, our mission is unlikely to ever be complete. We need continually strive to bring the power of our apps to new regions of the world, some of which have never had wide access to banking functionality.
Our approach to this problem heavily focuses on several core tenants. For one, we will never have direct control or visibility over customer funds. It is not our job to interfere in the personal financial lives of our customers. This is accomplished by using digital assets like Bitcoin, and a mobile app like ours which manages its assets on-device.
The second tenant of our approach is to provide integration with the traditional financial system. Regardless of the currency, people still need to get paid, pay their bills, pay for goods at merchants, and send money to their family and friends. We are building infrastructure that integrates with local financial businesses that tie in with local currencies and adhere to local laws.
Finally, we need to fight for a quality consumer experience. This is why we try to retain control over every moment of our customer's interaction with our products. We relentlessly design, redesign, test, and experiment to ensure our customers have a positive, safe experience.
What it's like to work here
We've built a lively remote work culture that emphasizes regular personal interaction. At Bread, we started as a remote team and have built our workflows around it. This allows us to hire people who want to work with us, regardless of where they've decided to settle (or roam).
Work-life balance is important to everyone at Bread, and we strive to ensure everyone has enough time for family, exercise, and mental health. In our opinion, a happy and healthy team is an essential ingredient to finding creative solutions to the hard problems we're trying to solve.
We're more operationally transparent than you may be used to. The entire Bread team has access to a variety of dashboards that help our distributed team make better decisions. If you have a question that can't be answered by a dashboard or an easy query, let's see if we can fix that.
Bread is committed to building an actively inclusive work environment that makes our team an excellent home for everyone—regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- Work under our CPO to prepare product specifications for third-party integrations.
- Create and maintain API/integration documentation to be shared internally and externally.
- Collaborate with the business development team to prepare and present pitches to potential integration partners.
- Act as POC for integration partners once projects have entered the development phase.
- Schedule and manage the integration process, ensuring partners get their questions answered and development goes smoothly.
- Monitor the performance of products that have gone to market so improvements can be made.
There are no hard requirements, so if you see something listed here that you're unsure about, please don't hesitate to ask!
- 3-5 years product management experience.
- Good communication skills. You will be representing the company as you work with outside partners, and many partnerships will depend on your ability to get partners excited about a potential integration.
- Quick thinking on your feet. Many curveballs can be thrown by integration partners, and you will need to be able to turn the unexpected into a positive opportunity.
- In-depth knowledge of API’s: how they work, how to document them, and, potentially, how to design them.
- Sufficient technical knowledge to communicate with CTOs and engineering leads.
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and the future of blockchain-based banking.
Nice to haves:
- Programming experience.
- Technical, low-level knowledge of how one or more blockchain-based currencies works.