Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
- Detecting and preventing fraud
- Managing and executing trading
- Supporting daily banking and brokerage operations
- Facilitating M1's customer success team
- Generally make your coworkers' jobs easier (and improving the overall M1 user experience)!
Product Managers will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, including the prioritization, planning, research, design, engineering, testing, release, and measurement phases. We’re looking for someone who can have a huge impact and help us push our internal tools forward. We’re a high-performance, high-impact team that values curiosity, collaboration, and transparency. Everyone has a direct hand in shaping the future of the product. If you’re the kind of Product Manager who is looking to both help us grow and grow with us— then we’d love to talk to you.
Diversity is important to us and unique perspectives are welcome.
What You'll Do
- Develop a high-level understanding of M1’s internal platforms, infrastructure and operational processes to build credibility and become a trusted partner to technical and non-technical teams.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to implement new tools and automate processes to optimize operational efficiency.
- Foster communication between the Internal Tools engineers and the Operations team members who use those tools by defining a process for requesting new features and reporting bugs, aiding in the requirement gathering process for large-scale projects and defining a process to communicate changes and the completion of features
- Communicate with other Product Managers by understanding their priorities and roadmap to ensure the Internal Tools team can support new features that will need to be serviced.
- Facilitate team meetings, including stand-ups and retrospectives
- Define, measure, and report on Product KPIs to leadership and stakeholders, while measuring the effectiveness of past and new efforts
- Write detailed specifications for feature implementations
- 2-5 years of experience in Product Management in a fast-pace, high-growth environment
- A good understanding of, and interest in, investing, personal finance, and the fintech space is preferred
- Experience in internal tooling Product Management is preferred
- Ability to bring a business and/or analytical mindset to product management
- Working knowledge of SQL for data analytics
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams and coordinate efforts across product lines
- Ability to coordinate with leadership to ensure the product aligns with overall business goals
- Ability to develop, monitor, and report on metrics across platforms
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company.
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is on building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it.
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial.
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act.
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions.
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth.
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym