Product Manager, MIM Institutional Asset Management
MIM Institutional Asset Management seeks a self-motivated individual who possess a blend of business acumen, analytical skills and ability to work independently in a high stress role. The ideal candidate will have good knowledge of investments, exceptional project management and marketing, communication, and organizational skills. Over time and with supervision and training, this role will require a deep level of understanding of Morningstar’s investment methodologies, a good knowledge of asset management and distribution platforms, a firm grasp of available retail investment products and services, the ability to work effectively with customers to understand their problems and find innovative solutions. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Support different facets of new product development and work in partnership with the Head of Institutional Asset Management to develop strategic plans and new product development. Conduct on-going research on mutual funds. Conduct business-related tasks/projects such as product research and competitive/market analysis in support of business development and product promotion and as part of assessing and communicating trends and competitive advantages and then translating theme into an effective product roadmap
- Vendor relationship management; monitoring of contracts and deliverables, coordination of communications for all 3rd party vendors and service providers to fund. Including but not limited to Subadvisors, Fund Service Providers, Underwriter, CFO Services, Fund, Advisor and Board Counsel, Printer, Custodial Platforms. Coordinate relationships between Morningstar Funds Trust and 3rd party vendors. Assist in development and management of vendor database(s)
- Coordination and facilitation of communication between Subadvisor and Board of Trustees. Preparation of Board Materials to support all funds. Coordination of all functional areas and vendors in meeting Board reporting needs.
- Support Investment team with business and administrative aspects of subadvisor search, selection, contracting and monitoring.
- Coordinate multi-functional teams in support of registered product efforts; Legal, Compliance, Investment, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Managed Portfolio
- Collaborate with MIM and Corporate marketing to establish communication requirements and provide necessary content
- Fulfill role as subject matter expert on all facets of Morningstar Mutual Funds to provide guidance and support to sales, marketing, legal, finance, compliance, product specialists, product analysts, investment professionals, account management, and compliance and operations teams
- Exceptional communication, analytical, planning, and project management skills.
- Action-oriented individual possessing an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to access, evaluate and present financial, market, product and competitive information and to effectively present findings in support of business decisions
- 3-5 years of relevant operations and/or product management experience in Mutual Fund industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and quickly develop practical knowledge of new investment products and services. High level of understanding of business and operational aspects of sub-advised Funds and Fund of Funds.
- The candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, exhibit a passion for innovation, and harbor a genuine belief in, and acceptance of Morningstar`s core values.
- Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials. MBA or CFA highly desired.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.