Product Manager, Morningstar Index Technology/Operations at Morningstar
The Group: The Index business leverages Morningstar's intellectual property to create indexes that empower investors to achieve their goals at every stage of the investment process—market monitoring, benchmarking, and asset allocation. The unit offers a broad suite of global equity, bond, commodity and asset allocation indexes. Through an internal technology platform, Morningstar Indexes provides portfolio maintenance, calculation, and data distribution services to the asset management industry.
The Role: The Morningstar Index team is looking for an execution-focused Product Manager to join us as the product owner of an agile squad. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with the financial services industry with an emphasis on portfolio construction, calculation, or data dissemination. We are seeking results-orientated professional who can work directly and effectively in a highly collaborative, Agile software development setting. In this role, you will take ownership of the platform and act as product expert—developing a deep understanding of the user and business requirements, translate the platform vision into user stories and acceptance criteria and manage the product backlog, with a focus on delivering value to the users.
- Own the tactical roadmap, requirements, and product development lifecycle for a squad dedicated to architecting and implementing a new and improved Morningstar Index technology platform.
- Work within an Agile software development framework, develop business requirements and user stories refined and validated with customers and stakeholders, prioritize the backlog queue across multiple projects and workstreams, and ensure high quality execution working with development and business analyst squad members.
- Understand business, operations and technology requirements, serving as a conduit between stakeholders, operations, and technology teams.
- Breakdown and analyze complex workflows and systems, identify inefficiencies/areas for improvement, and define solutions to improve the client experience.
- Track Key Performance Indicators and measurements of product success as it relates to deploying platform improvements.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- 4-5+ years of project management, business analysis or product management experience.
- Experience with Agile software development and technical acumen.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for investments, including stocks, indexes, funds and ETFs.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and planning skills, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to lead team decision-making processes and foster an environment of teamwork.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.