Product Manager, Payments at Gemini (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, fintech, and cryptocurrency. We draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal “think tank” that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products, and acts as the go-to team for Leadership’s technical vision.
The Role: Product Manager, Payments
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to build and maintain internal products and third-party integrations used by Gemini’s Finance team. You will work closely with internal stakeholders on the Accounting team to support functions across accounting and financial operations, with a focus on scalability and operational support. The immediate focus of this role will be on implementing integrations with major third-party SaaS solutions to best support Gemini’s rapidly growing accounting function and our expanding global footprint. In the long term, this role will also be tasked with improving existing in-house accounting functionality, including supporting products and integrations that are directly available to and/or impact the customer experience. Gemini’s Product Managers combine systematic analysis, experience, and ideation with partner teams to create detailed roadmaps and launch product initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility for critical team initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with the Accounting and Financial Operations stakeholder groups to develop and maintain a prioritized roadmap of projects, feature enhancements, and third-party integrations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, third party vendors, and software development teams alike to own, from ideation to delivery, integrations with major accounting SaaS products.
- Engage in proactive development research to continuously identify and/or ideate opportunities for new features, feature improvements, and products in the accounting space at Gemini.
- Work with third-party vendors, regulators, banking partners, and other external stakeholders to deliver best-in-class features and products to Gemini’s operational teams and customers.
- Regularly engage in performance analysis, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation - including project briefs / initiation documents, project proposals, user stories, QA document, FAQs, wireframes, and workflow charts - for use in audits and regulatory exams, as well as in updates to internal stakeholders.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in product management, with a proven track record of taking products from ideation to launch and working directly with software development teams to ship software products in an agile development environment.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience integrating with third party platforms
- Proficiency in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail, with proven ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent timelines
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Experience in accounting and/or with corporate accounting software solutions
- Experience integrating SAP and/or Oracle
- Experience in UX design, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as fiat payments or trading platforms
- Fast-paced startup environment
- SQL and/or Looker
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.