Product Manager, Product Analytics
The Group: The Products group is the home of manufacturing and innovation at Morningstar. The individuals in this group transform our high-quality data, independent research, and technological expertise into well-designed products that delight our clients. The group’s product management, product development, and service teams collaborate with our Client Solutions group to help provide clients with relevant products and bundled solutions.
The Role: As a Product Manager in the Software Product Team, you will work across internal Product, Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams to turn software subscriber’s usage data into behavioral analytics to help the business make data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate for this role will conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design; develop analysis and reporting capabilities; and monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Develop a deep understanding of subscribers’ usage data from all systems and sources.
- Filter and “clean” data to ensure quality.
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques.
- Identify trends in macro-level behavior (e.g. logins) and micro-level behavior (e.g. clicks inside a guided sequence).
- Use data to create models that depict trends or tease out causal relationships across the overall user base and/or specific customer segments.
- Deliver analysis through useful business reports, presentations, and dashboards.
- Train internal stakeholders and end-users on dashboards and reports.
- Partner with software product managers to establish baseline functional metrics and provide ongoing analytics to support the development and go-to-market efforts of the product.
- Recommend product changes or strategies based on these analyses.
- Incorporate relational data sets from other internal sources to build dashboards and reports that utilize subscribers’ usage data for Sales, Marketing, and Support Teams to manage and grow client relationships.
- At least one year of experience in a client service, data or product-related role is required; experience with product development or product management is desired.
- Familiarity with Tableau Software and usage tracking tools such as Heap Analytics is preferred.
- Excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Talent for making complicated topics simple, approachable and fun.
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Knowledge of the investment industry is a plus.
- Experience with CRMs (e.g. Salesforce) is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.