Product Manager - Rx
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
Rally is seeking a Product Manager for Rally Rx based in our Chicago office. Rally Rx helps millions of people find, price, and manage their medications.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in wearing multiple hats across critical product management and product operations responsibilities. He/She will work closely with engineering and other internal teams (including others in Product, XD, Project Management, Product Knowledge) for successful and on schedule delivery of roadmap items
- Work with the product team to executing on product strategy by defining detailed requirements and user stories [writing and grooming tickets]
- Use product knowledge to conduct demos to internal stakeholders as needed
- Manage defect triage, updates, and communication
- Manage User Acceptance Testing process
- Run standup and grooming meetings
- Release verification and communication as needed
- Contribute to a strong product culture of continuous development and rapid test and learn
- 2+ years in a Product Management role.
- 2+ years in a QA / Product Operations role
- Experience in consumer-facing products (websites, software, apps) preferred
- Background with Agile, Scrum, and other software development methodologies required. Familiarity with JIRA is a plus.
- Process-minded: able to assess where opportunities for improvements exist and develop processes to streamline team activities
- Proven ability to clearly communicate data insights and metrics to colleagues and partners
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts (API experience a plus)
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment focused on continuous product innovation
- Demonstrates attention to detail including validated ability to run multiple, challenging priorities at a time
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America’s diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.