Product Manager - Security & Compliance at Civis Analytics
What we do
At Civis, we take a science-first approach to solving problems. With a blend of proprietary technology and statistical advisory services, we help public and private sector organizations find, understand and connect with the people they care about, so they can stop guessing and start using mathematical proof to guide decisions. We know others use “data science” and “analytics” as buzzwords, but at Civis we don’t stand for fluff, and we will always deliver scalable products and technologies — not PowerPoints — to drive your business forward. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Our mission is to bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making – all the way from the boardroom to the world’s largest social causes.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced product professional to join our Civis Platform Product Management team to own the Security & Compliance roadmap & related initiatives. In this role, you will partner with key stakeholders across the company, including the Director of Compliance and Legal Operations, Director of Cybersecurity, and business leads to prioritize projects, plan implementation, and execute the roll out and marketing around new features. One of the major goals of this role is to earn additional compliance accreditations, including but not limited to, the FedRAMP program for U.S. Federal customers.
- Graduate degree in computer science, data science, business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- Experience securing a modern software compliance standard or certification (for example FedRAMP, SOC II, or HIPAA) and executing a go to market strategy around the certification
- Product management certifications
- Hands-on experience working for or with multiple cloud providers and their related components; experience with digital platforms a plus
- Hands-on software development or cloud security experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business, a related technical field, or commensurate work experience
- 1+ year of Product Management experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience in either a Software, Security, or Compliance role.
- Familiarity with modern software compliance standards and certifications, for example, FedRAMP, SOC II, and HIPAA
- Familiarity with data compliance standards and laws, for example, CCPA and GPDR
- Have demonstrated the ability to gather and synthesize market and customer signals to build a requirements document to guide software development.
- Experience with managing the development of products for software developers and has demonstrated the ability to bring a product to market
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products, Data Science and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to support an evolving product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships with strategic and technical personalities
- US work authorization required
Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and all employees are remote for the foreseeable future. This is being closely monitored as things change and it’s likely our offices will reopen. Because of this uncertainty, we want to ensure candidates are open to relocating to one of our offices in the future, but other locations may be negotiable.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, health, dental, and vision benefits, fully paid parental leave, breastfeeding support including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms, commuter benefits, wellness initiatives including weekly group meditations, monthly on-site massage therapy, and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now fully remote work environment, we also have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (5-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-up where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from home schedules to help employees juggle responsibilities at home.
Civis Analytics embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW