Product Manager, Zoro Tools at Zoro
The Product Manager is responsible for expanding the portfolio for an assigned product categories, suppliers, and expansion product categories in adjacent markets that Zoro currently serves. The Product Manager is charged to ensure our customers have the most attractive product offering in the B2B online space and we have a supplier base that aspires to be customer obsessed. The Product Manager will execute on the strategy through developing new relationships and cultivating existing supplier relationships to drive portfolio expansion and connecting with internal business partners to help facilitate the expansion focus areas get the appropriate attention with pricing, marketing, and supply chain. This position will be responsible for planning and executing initiatives to enhance and support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and execute a product line structure, for the assigned product line, that maximizes revenue, gross profit dollars, and customer relevance.
- Demonstrated experience in driving results through the execution of product line tactics, including SKU selection and supplier negotiations.
- Manage assigned product lines by researching customer needs and competitor product lines. Introduce new products to product line to increase sales while achieving specific gross profit objectives. Have a strong awareness of total company offering, and provide leadership to product management team on product blend and completeness of offering.
- Supplier management for assigned product groups. Work with external suppliers to acquire and maintain comprehensive product information for the assigned categories, including product specifications, product images and additional product content (e.g. videos).
- Ability to drive action through the activity of others in order to reach stated objectives. Manage the activities of the designated Product Specialist personnel to include directing, motivating, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations. Develop staff skills to drive talent development, contribution to the organization and overall goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change, demonstrate agility in relation to change and persuade/lead others through the change to minimize team disruption. Ensure a continuously high performing team.
- Provide leadership and coach others in order to reach stated objectives. Also seeks and responds to constructive feedback to performance and personal development.
- Challenge existing processes and procedures leading towards leaner and simpler processes, better service and lower cost through Continuous Improvement.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Domestic and possibly some international travel required approximately 10% of the time.
- The Product Manager is responsible for managing suppliers and product lines typically consisting of approximately $50M+ in Sales and 100,000+ SKUs with direct responsibility for revenue growth and gross margin profitability.
- Closely partner with the online merchandising and Zoro.com teams as they execute strategies that facilitate an industry leading customer experience in navigating through the assigned product categories.
- Closely collaborate with the Pricing Team to ensure product pricing strategies are implemented consistently and in support of the overall Zoro pricing strategies.
- Collaborate with the Paid Search & Marketplace teams to maximize the reach and impact of the assigned product line in all advertising channels, including marketplaces, paid search and PLA.
- Collaborate with the Marketing organization to ensure that the relevant strategies related to business issues or target customer segments are supported by the assigned product lines.
- Work with supply chain partners to execute product line activity in a manner that enhances the customer experience and the company’s inventory/logistics objectives.
- Drive strategic direction of supplier relationships with Zoro, including relationship between supplier and eCommerce, Marketing Teams, and other applicable Zoro departments. Negotiate all elements of assigned supplier relationships to ensure lowest total cost of procurement, including: product cost, payment terms, etc. Leverage purchasing scale and competition among suppliers for Zoro’s business.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining contractual agreements between Zoro and its Suppliers that maximize scalable processes and minimize Zoro’s risk.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.