What We Do
Kalderos delivers technology that solves the challenges facing the US healthcare system. We develop technology solutions with a focus on simplifying the complex coordination of drug discount programs and are steadfast in our commitment to redefining how the business of healthcare performsTM. Ultimately we measure our success by empowering all of healthcare to spend more time focused on improving the lives of patients and less time working on the business.
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/about
We’re looking for a Product Manager with a passion for healthcare and experience with realizing and commercializing software solutions. We want your expertise and passion to rapidly deliver results at scale.
What Product Managers Do
- You are overall responsible for ensuring that your product addresses the four risks:
- Value risk (whether customers will buy it or users will choose to use it)
- Usability risk (whether users can figure out how to use it)
- Feasibility risk (whether our engineers can build what we need with the time, skills and technology we have)
- Business viability risk (whether this solution also works for the various aspects of our business)
- You must be or become an expert of your actual users and customers: what they like, what they do not like, how they think - so you can guide your product team to build software products that solve the challenges of your users.
- Use data to observe how your product is performing - how users are using your product, what Sales has experienced when selling your product - to enable you to make informed decisions using qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Work shoulder-to-shoulder with a team of designers and engineers on your product team, and coordinate when necessary with other product teams to deliver high-quality experiences to your customers.
- Ensure that your product not only works for your customers and users but also fits within Kalderos larger platform strategy and therefore works for Kalderos as well. You are the bridge between what the user wants and what the Kalderos business can and should deliver.
- Follow trends facing the market and industry in which your product resides. This includes monitoring competitors, staying in tune with the political and regulatory environment, and up-to-date with current technology trends. You will use this knowledge to ensure your product is not just better, but delivers significantly greater value than other solutions on the market.
- Partner with commercial teams to build compelling business plans and go-to-market strategies, with a keen eye toward new opportunities.
- Guide your product team through discovery and delivery phases, knowing when to raise your hand to ask for help of other specialists such as Design Research and User Experience, to ensure you are applying the right tools to solve the current problems you are addressing as a team.
- Work with Sales to identify and recruit users and companies to act as reference customers - people who will run your product in production, who are willing to pay for it, and are open to telling others about their experience - and do everything you can to ensure your product delights these reference customers.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the Product team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
What We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of Product Management experience with progressively increasing responsibility, preferably in a healthcare domain
- Bachelor's Degree, with at least one formal programming class completed during the course of studies or on your own
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to distill complex concepts for a non-technical audience.
- Proven track record bringing software products to market.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, such as working with payers, providers, or pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Exceptional project management skills, with superb attention to detail and an emphasis on structured problem solving
- True comfort with data, including the ability to set and track product metrics that are linked to company goals.
- Experience working closely with a diverse set of cross-functional teams and subject matter experts.
- The ability to work nimbly across multiple projects and balance competing priorities.
- Excel at influencing without authority
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategies related to a product.
- Experience building products that leverage machine learning
- Prior experience writing code, either professionally or for personal projects, or demonstrated interested in learning about new technologies
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 401K plan with matching
- Healthcare benefits
- Flexible work schedule
- A fair PTO system that encourages people to take the time they need to be healthy and be their best
- Opportunity to work on new technologies and learn new skills
- Celebration and education stipends
To learn more: https://www.kalderos.com/company/culture
Kalderos is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Due to the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kalderos has decided to protect our current and future employees by shifting to an entirely remote workforce. We will continue to operate, interview, onboard, and work remotely. Please be aware that some of our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
Read Full Job Description