Title: Product Manager
Department: Product Management
Higi is hiring a passionate individual to be part of a team charged with building a product that is purposefully designed to transform how consumers access healthcare with an objective to bring affordable, accessible healthcare to all. As a Product Manager, you will lead all stages of the software development life cycle. Main responsibilities include conducting agile sprint ceremonies, guiding an ever-evolving user experience, and preparing internal stakeholders for product releases. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative and detail-oriented self-starter with a proven track record of leading a cross functional team to execute against an aggressive product roadmap and has 3+ years of product management experience in the healthcare space.
At Higi, we believe that it should be easier for people to be their healthiest. The steps toward better health should be more accessible, affordable, and convenient. That’s why we build innovative solutions that help people better understand their health needs and connect with the care and resources needed to manage and improve it. Higi gives consumers unsurpassed access to track and act on their health data through our network of over 10,000 FDA-cleared smart health stations located across the U.S. Higi stations are conveniently used nearly 1 million times per week at pharmacy retailers, community locations, and employer worksites nationwide. Through the Higi station network, and higi’s web and mobile applications, our solutions engage and connect the consumer and their data in real-time with their trusted healthcare organizations to improve satisfaction, increase quality, and reduce cost. Join Higi in our mission to make the pursuit of health easier and more connected – a world in which every person can understand their health and take action to improve and maintain it – and have fun doing it.
Roles and Responsibilities
Work collaboratively with Product Management team to define data-driven product roadmaps that align with Corporate Strategy.
- Participate in the Higi’s Research Committee to advocate for research that will further Product interests.
- Translate raw data, market research and stakeholder feedback into actionable recommendations for product strategy and features.
- Track and analyze product KPIs to report on success or failure of features.
- Work with internal teams to understand problems we are trying to solve and suggest product enhancements to address defined needs and/or improve user experience.
- Present and provide business case for product improvement recommendations.
- Develop product backlog and lead prioritization of features for development.
Oversee and assume responsibility for a product development team comprised of engineers, designers and quality assurance team members.
- Plan meticulously for highly productive sprints.
- Conduct weekly refinement meetings to create user stories, write technical product requirements and plan for edge cases.
- Write data requirements so that every new feature can be reported on once it reaches production.
- Fully prepare Jira tickets for active development.
- Collaborate with QA to document a verification plan for each story.
- Lead sprint planning meetings and schedule work in accordance with the prioritized roadmap.
- Provide escalation management if a sprint falls behind schedule.
- Document progress, key decisions and next actions.
- Respond to the needs of your product development team.
- Facilitate sprint retrospectives after each sprint.
- Identify areas for improvements based on feedback from all sprint contributors.
- Formulate and execute cross-functional plans for creating efficiencies within the sprint process.
- Communicate product vision and strategy to the team on a regular basis to provide the context necessary for building well-informed and future-proof solutions.
- Support quality assurance functions.
- Assist in investigating, documenting and prioritizing bugs.
- Be a source of truth for expected functionality.
- Approve Git Hub pull requests.
- Reporting, risk management and general oversight.
- Accurately estimate of work and development timelines.
- Provide weekly updates regarding process.
- Manage, document, and escalate issues to leadership as needed.
- Anticipate risks and proactively develop mitigation strategies.
Coordinate with internal teams to ensure seamless product releases.
- Become a trusted subject matter expert of the full Higi product stack.
- Publish and maintain detailed documentation on new and evolving product features.
- Host regular meetings to provide basic training on new features and functionality for departments outside of the product development team.
- Prepare company-wide release notes after every sprint.
- Participate in sprint reviews.
- Monitor progress of regression testing to ensure on-time releases.
- Develop presentations, FAQs, and other reference materials to support training.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years product management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of healthcare experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience building consumer facing solutions required
- Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to tailor a message for a specific audience (e.g., sales vs engineers vs marketing)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively alongside designers, software engineers, and QA teammates
- Strong time and project management skills
- Experience with Jira and Confluence is required; experience with GitHub, Figma, Looker or Amplitude is a bonus
We highly encourage you to apply if you fit any of the following descriptions:
- You are ready to lead, learn and grow in a fast paced, evolving industry.
- You have a deep appreciation for data analysis and believe in making data-driven decisions.
- You thrive when working on complex problems.
- You get great satisfaction from organizing and creating structures to understand complex problems.
- You understand the importance of effective communication and can explain complex concepts in ways that others can easily understand.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You enjoy a collaborative work environment where creative ideas and objective feedback are highly valued.
- You flourish in a lean and agile development setting.
- You are a pragmatic, glass-half-full person with a genuine desire to make an immediate, positive difference to our country’s healthcare system.