For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
SPINS builds high-octane software products which help companies reach their customers. We correlate data with precision to deliver insights and recommended actions based on those insights that no one else can provide. We are seeking a Product Manager to design and build products alongside our talented team.
Data gives our partners and our clients superpowers, and SPINS leads the industry on finding unique, actionable insights from data we gather. Expanding customer use cases, building new related products, and expanding the ways in which we use the data we both gather and create is fundamental to unlocking our and our client’s potential. This role is critical to our success at doing all the above, by ensuring that we are doing what is most important each day.
You will work as part of a senior leadership team, gaining and sharing insight with other experienced professionals. You will see many aspects of the SPINS business. You will have a direct impact on SPINS growth and delivering major new capabilities for our customers. You will have ownership and be given incredible opportunity for professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is exceptional with details and creates reliable order any time they encounter chaos. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, can operate within periods of limited guidance, and is a creative problem solver. The candidate will be comfortable working with a distributed team, gathering details of their activities and helping everyone stay on top of the right priorities. They will be focused on finding solutions, never willing to throw their hands up at an encountered difficulty. The candidate will have high standards for themselves and everyone they work with and will be constantly looking for ways to improve build performance, quality and cost.
What You Will Do
- As Product Manager at SPINS you will interact with a group of other Product Management, Program Management and Engineering professionals who are leading the design and delivery of new SPINS products.
- You will provide product leadership and development oversight by blending the abilities to work backwards from customer needs, keep stakeholders aware of the current progress of your teams, and help others around you stay on the priorities which matter most.
- You’ll plan new builds, engage in design discussions, ensure requirements are well understood and documented, and provide testing guidance to teams responsible for the production and testing of future releases.
- You will document products from inception to pre-development epics and user stories.
- You will coordinate with UX to deliver world class customer experiences
- You will track performance of your products and proactively report opportunities to improve or double down where needed
What You Bring
- 2+ years of experience in a role related to the definition and development of software.
- 2+ years of experience with “big data” products – Products which enable customers to utilize multi-terabyte or petabyte sized collections of data
- 2+ years of experience coordinating with development teams via JIRA
- 4+ years of demonstrable experience writing excellent product documentation
- Prior experience as a Product Manager in a mature product organization
- Prior experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence
When we began working from home in 2020, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.