Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
As a Product Manager, you will create the vision and strategy for a portfolio of products, based on an outside-in market point-of-view anchored in the customer. You will mentor Product Owners across multiple dedicated teams and help them define what needs to be built and champion the vision to their product teams and stakeholders. You will convey a clear and compelling narrative and an enthusiasm for relentlessly delivering customer value. You will demonstrate accountable ownership, unmitigated curiosity, a strong desire for continuous improvement, and the ability to think strategically about our products while empowering and leading others to do the same.
Reports To: CATEGORY LEADER, DIRECTOR OR SR DIRECTOR
- Develop the vision and strategy for products and overall product portfolio based on market research and customer outreach, and align business owners and product stakeholders to that vision
- Facilitate the translation of product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories across Product Owners
- Coordinate with other Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement; share lessons learned and contribute to the development of the agile practices
- Facilitate and guide product planning and stakeholder interactions
- Work with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
- Understand the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
- Act as the voice of the customer, answer product related questions, and provide overall direction
- Facilitate longer-term career plans with each direct report, support their development and find opportunities for team members to fulfill their goals
- Develop a strategic plan for talent alignment, growth and succession, in support of both the projected needs of the teams in the future and the potential of team members
- High School Diploma required
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 7+ years of experience in Payroll / Human Capital Management, preferably at a SaaS provider
- Experience growing and empowering product talent to develop a strategy and vision and incrementally deliver outcomes
- Deep domain expertise in payroll, benefits, time & labor, or human capital management
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certifications, a plus
- Experienced and preferred working in a player/coach role in which you regularly sought input from customers and other stakeholders (sales, service, partner teams), defined acceptance criteria, provided product direction to development team members and coached product owners through similar activities
- Eager to keep up with current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated – you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable – quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized – detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
This job exclused CO applicants
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Support Analysts are currently working remotely. Support Analysts will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
Education & Awareness
Advocacy & Support
Fairness & Equality
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.