Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to join us and help by designing the products that enable that Impact we make every day?
- Want to use your skills and experience to create some good in this world?
- Solve meaningful problems for customers?
- Have the ability to drive new products from innovation to market…?
- ...through a defined process?
- Want to finish your workday exhausted by the pace of progress yet energized by all the new people who interact with the products you design?
- For you, API means Assume Positive Intent?
- And OKR means direction and accountability?
- Want to get feedback directly from the leaders of the company that serves you?
- Know your way around tools like Jira, Figma, and Balsamiq, etc?
- Marie Kondo calls you for tips on how to organize?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be real: This job isn't for everyone.
- We're driven by our mission and our teammates to do good.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you because you'll be accountable to us.
- We understand that to grow our business, we must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one talented product manager. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Let's define "one talented product manager" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Building things that get used
- Solving problems
- Maintaining roadmaps and backlogs for your team
- Working harder than the Williams sister to improve our baseline game
- Understanding what the business needs to get done and breaking those down into activities
- Planning for work to be done
- Knowing that cross-function is the only function
Build products that meet our customer's needs to connect their consumers with causes they care about in a way that moves ShoppingGives business forward.
Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But what good is all our good work if people aren’t supported by our products? That’s where you come in.
What you bring to the team:
- Working on a product team or related experience
- Have brought at least one product to market
- Able to research with minimal guidance
- Building stuff and solving problems are in your DNA
- You take criticism with Positive Intent
- You offer criticism with Positive Intent
- Know how Quant can influence Qual
- Ability to conduct product ceremonies, build product briefs, and validate assumptions are bonuses if you got ‘em.
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive impact every day.
- We're rich. (Just kidding, but we did close a nice round this fall.)
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll influence tools, voice, style.
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Salary for this role is $95,000-$110,000 annually
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.