Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Chicago + Remote: We have a solid footprint in Chicago, but we also hire exceptionally talented people who reside elsewhere. We love the friendships we've forged in our Chicago office. But let's be real; things have changed. We don't plan to all return 100% in-office, but our office and gym are open on an optional basis for all employees who feel comfortable, including happy hours and team events. However, because culture and relationships are important to us, all candidates should be open to being in-office with their teams at pre-arranged times throughout the year. The specifics vary by role, so please discuss your plans with the hiring team.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead the introduction and execution of new marketing and operational tools, focused on driving a positive member experience within our marketplace and helping our teams scale effectively as we grow. You will drive the creation and launch of new tools and capabilities that unlock value for our members and help our teams scale efficiently. Your commitment to improving the PerkSpot product will help establish its success for years to come.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the Product Development Team
Our product development team is made up of product managers, software engineers, QA Analysts, and DevOp Engineers with one goal in mind - to keep us moving and improving. The product development team works collaboratively to set our product roadmap and strategize ways to accomplish its goals, while keeping consumer experience and product functionality top of mind. As a Product Manager, you will manage and contribute to our roadmap to unlock member value and help us scale efficiently through internal tools and marketplace capabilities, , while aligning it to company OKRs and ensuring a rich, positive user experience for all of our members.
Life as our Product Manager/Owner:
- Managing and contributing to PerkSpot’s marketplace and internal tool roadmap, aligning it with established company OKRs
- Advocating for the marketplace and internal tool roadmaps in meetings with stakeholders and internal teams
- Partnering with development, design, and stakeholders to define and prioritize new product requirements and their execution
- Committing oneself and the company to a rich, personalized member experience
- Creating and overseeing product epics, features, and stories
- Maintaining prioritized product backlog
- Acting as the industry expert - keeping a pulse on trends and new releases and adjusting product roadmap to make room for new features
- Clarifying business priorities to ensure the richest product possible
- Collaborating with stakeholder teams across the business teams to execute go-to-market plan
- Running regular team meetings to check in on statuses of ongoing projects and adjust timelines accordingly
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a product management role within an agile environment
- Background in tech and/or ecommerce required
- Experience driving initiatives and collaborating with technology teams of 15-50 people, preferably in a mix of in-house, local and off-shore talent
- Experience developing and executing product roadmaps
- Demonstrated success with story writing, roadmap building, and feature prioritization/management - specifically when it comes to user stories
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with story writing, prioritization, and managing product roadmaps
- Ability to easily switch between app development, design, and business stakeholder communication
- Proficiency in any/all of the following: JIRA, Slack, Product Board, Heap, Miro, or similar
- Proficiency in content management and marketing tech stack tools, including Customer Relationship Management Systems and Email Service Providers
- Organized and strategic style of working; exceptional multitasking skills
- Strong communication aptitude, with experience working with C-level executives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
How You’ll REALLY Stick Out:
- Experience with content management tools and/or marketing automation technology
- Background in SKU management or marketing operations
- Applicable Agile/Scrum method certifications
Your First Few Months
During your onboarding, you will meet and develop relationships with all the teams you’ll be working with - design, development, stakeholders, etc. You will then learn everything there is to know about the current PerkSpot product, including its shortcomings, and work out a roadmap on how to improve it during the next 12-24 months. You’ll then present this roadmap to key teams and company stakeholders, and establish the key OKRs that will describe your success. As your tenure continues, you will carry out this roadmap, and be its main advocate as you work to continuously improve PerkSpot’s marketing and operations tools.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.