Who We Are:
Recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
If you have been searching for an opportunity with a fast-paced technology company, or if you want to grow roots in an industry that offers huge potential, Smokeball is just what you’ve been searching for.
What We Need:
We're looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment working with cross-functional local and international teams to design, build and roll-out our cloud-based Legal Practice Management product that delivers the company's vision and strategy.
Working very closely with the Product Owner, you will be responsible for key stages in the product life-cycle including but not limited to:
- Product Innovation - Gaining a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Eliciting and analyzing customer requirements
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Documenting new feature specifications
- Deploying go-to-market/launch activities
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and knowledge across all internal teams
- Working with the Product Owner to get buy-in for the product vision from all key internal stakeholders.
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring:
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience
- Experience with Legal software, Practice Management software, cloud-based software or similar is preferred
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Experience in Business or Requirements Analysis
- Experience working in an external client facing role
- Skilled at working effectively with local and international cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and leadership abilities
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Creative thinking skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently
- Your DNA: A team player, self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with a growing/changing environment, fun yet professional
- Culture: Named one of Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 15 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, transit assistance, medical/dental/vision, etc.
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pop-a-shot, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago