In many ways, the business of Sprout Social is our product. It is what our customers subscribe to and our users engage with to enhance their social media management capabilities. In order to succeed, we need to be relentless about building superior software and solving hard problems on our customers’ behalf. This approach has earned Sprout awards both for our software (G2 Crowd) and our culture (Glassdoor). While we appreciate the recognition, we know we can get so much better.
Our product management team will be growing over time and we are looking to find the best possible team members as opportunities emerge. This could potentially fit within any of our product areas (Analytics, Engagement, Growth, Mobile, Publishing) -- or in something new!
If you want to be on our radar as we have new openings, please share your resume for our team to review. PLEASE NOTE: this is not an immediate opening. Applicants to this posting will only be contacted by a recruiter if we identify a position where there is a potential fit. Actual title will be based on experience. Although not required, submitting a cover letter is a great way to tell us more about yourself and the opportunity you’re interested in.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with your manager to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Begin to build relationships with engineers and designers in your feature squad as well as across the broader PM team.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Understand the current customer needs, strategy, plans and state of technology in your focus area.
- Gain the trust of your team to lead decision making and alignment.
- Lead day to day squad execution including feature planning, backlog prioritization, user story creation, launch and assessment.
- Drive quarterly roadmap planning for your team to align around approach to solving customer problems and achieving business objectives.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Start to influence your tribe and squad’s product strategy.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- Assume ownership for strong results of your feature releases.
- Understand how to leverage metrics and user data to inform feature iteration and overall planning.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader PM organization -- including things we maybe haven’t even anticipated yet!
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please
click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster and (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!