Core Responsibilities of the Product Manager
- Work with customers and the business to deeply understand and gather customer needs.
- Produce concrete product requirements based on those needs.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success.
- Engage closely with the engineering team to clarify product requirements and to determine the best technical solution and delivery schedule.
- Develop product roadmap by establishing a shared prioritized vision across the company.
- Manage end‑to-end product roadmap plans with predictability and high quality.
- Both drive improvements to our existing products and identify opportunities for new product ideas.
- Evolve product strategy based on research (including competitive), data analysis, and industry trends.
- Maximize team efficiency and remove blockers in a constantly evolving environment.
- Effectively communicate product roadmap and new feature value to all relevant stakeholders.
Key Competencies of the Product Manager
- Multi-tasks and prioritizes
- Confident decision maker
- Sets and meets deadlines
- Break down complex problems into simpler components
Qualifications of the Product Manager
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of product management or related experience
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Travel requirements: Travel expected up to 20% of the time
- Experience as a product manager for customer-facing (B2B or B2C) products on web and mobile.
- Knowledge of agile/scrum practices as a product or program manager.
- Product management experience working with local and remote teams.
- Travel Expected: up to 15% of the time
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
- This is a full time exempt position
- The schedule for this position is Monday- Friday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.