Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and presenting the vision and roadmap for the AWS Infrastructure products, value stream products or services. Creates the vision based on a thorough understanding of customer needs, working with both developers, architects and engineering teams, business initiative owners and technology teams. Guides both requirements and the work through the portfolio grooming, program grooming, and prioritization meetings by taking responsibility for “content decisions” and what gets implemented. Empowered to make fast decisions about the initiatives, with input from key stakeholders , and other key stakeholders. Ensures the Product Owners are synthesizing business objectives and Agile development principles in order to develop features for key initiatives.
- Develops and communicates the AWS product vision and roadmap. Adjusts and responds to changing market, customer and/or organizational needs, working closely with business teams and initiative owners.
- Supports the whole program and teams through the clarification of business needs, direction, and features.
- Helps break down initiatives into prioritized features with Acceptance Criteria, and manages the program pipeline (backlog) of these features, for every release and iteration.
- Provides issue management, risk assessments, risk mitigation, cost analysis, and minimum viable product evaluations.
- Consistently demonstrates follow-through in honoring commitments to customers and colleagues. Accepts the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Technology, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations, Project Management, Scaled Agile or Agile Development Project Management, Product Owner, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile or Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile or Agile Development Project Management, Product Owner, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- Familiar with delivering capabilities utilizing AWS or other public clouds
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!