Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered tech enabled child care in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. Recently recognized as a 2018 Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built in Chicago, we are building a platform that is radically simplifying the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for a product manager with a track record of success in fast-paced organizations, and a bias for action and in driving results. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen. Your primary responsibility is driving the product vision, planning, design and execution of innovative solutions that are rooted in user insight and data. You will be an advocate for great customer experiences, championing on behalf of your users.
- Develop and drive product strategy based on business objectives and customer needs. Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap.
- Clearly communicate strategy and goals across the company throughout all phases of work, from ideation to measurement.
- Get to know our users! Learn what makes users tick and ensure we’re solving the right problems in the right way by unearthing unmet needs through usability studies, research, data analysis and competitive research.
- Lead projects through definitional / discovery stages. Effectively break down problems and rigorously prioritize and set scope. Research, write and analyze requirements.
- Work with the engineering and product design team to deliver and launch new solutions that drive business goals and create delightful experiences.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success
- Drive improvements to our existing products and identify opportunities for new product ideas
- 5+ years experience in product management, preferably with mobile products
- Strong business acumen, with a solid technical foundation and appreciation for design
- Innovative problem solver who can quickly grasp concepts and drive ambiguous problem into clear solutions
- Demonstrated skill at product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization and trade-off evaluation
- Loves making data-driven decisions and gaining insights from product metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail and a passion for getting the product right
- Experience working with agile software development processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights
- BA/BS required
Benefits and Perks
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Ping pong, foosball and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Industry leading maternal and paternal leave
- Subsidized use of Chime for personal childcare services
- Great benefits package, including; health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.