Product Manager at Sprout Social
In many ways, the business of Sprout Social is our product. It is what our customers subscribe to and our users engage with to enhance their social media management capabilities. In order to succeed, we need to be relentless about building superior software and solving hard problems on our customers’ behalf. This approach has earned Sprout awards both for our software (G2 Crowd) and our culture (Glassdoor). While we appreciate the recognition, we know we can get so much better.
Our product management team will be growing over time and we are looking to find the best possible team members as opportunities emerge. This could potentially fit within any of our product areas (Analytics, Engagement, Growth, Mobile, Publishing) -- or in something new! If you want to be on our radar as we have new openings, please share your resume for review. Applicants to this posting will only be contacted by a recruiter if we identify a position where there is a potential fit.
Although not required, submitting a cover letter is a great way to tell us more about yourself and the opportunity you’re interested in.Within 1 month you will…
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Director of Product to set initial priorities and align on expectations for your role.
- Start building relationships with engineers and designers in your product team (we call them “squads”) as well as across the broader Product Management team.
- Try using the Sprout product yourself—to see it the way a customer does.
- Lead day-to-day product execution for your team delivering value to customers every 2 weeks. You’ll identify project goals, write user stories, and organize releases.
- Understand the engineering behind the Sprout product well enough that you can predict some product trade-offs and ask your team productive questions.
- Begin analyzing our qualitative and quantitative research to start forming hypotheses about how our product can better fit our customers’ lives.
- Facilitate quarterly roadmap planning for your team and represent the plan to the rest of Sprout’s product teams, including executive leadership.
- Collaborate with other product managers for cross-team problem solving and feature delivery.
- See a high impact project through from start-to-finish. You’ll assume ownership for results of your team’s product releases and how you learn from them.
- Start developing a deep understanding of data. Begin efficiently accessing and analyzing the data needed using Redshift, SQL, Tableau, and other similar analytics tools
- Begin owning your squad’s performance against KPIs
- Build on your developing customer/industry expertise and take firm ownership of your team’s strategy. You will likely start identifying opportunities and generating hypothesis that a product manager from another team would not.
- Be ready to take on new challenges to help your team and the broader PM organization -- including things we maybe haven’t even anticipated yet!
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago and Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please
click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster and (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!