About Pop Pays
Pop Pays is the all in one influencer marketing and creator management platform for brands and agencies. Our workflow and collaboration tools make the production of social content faster and more cost-effective than ever, without sacrificing creative control. Our search and discovery tools make it easy for brands to identify, connect and manage influencers and creators. Marketers can choose to partner with our global community of social media influencers or manage creators that they already work with through our platform. You can find content powered by our creator community on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube!
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to contribute to our product planning, product strategy and product process. In this role you will be responsible for owning our existing products and helping to develop new ones based on our big-picture vision. The primary role of this individual is to ensure we build great software that comes from constant and cohesive collaboration across teams and customer collaboration. This individual will be highly competent using data to drive decisions at any given moment to help with the direction of the product.
Had you been with us in the last month, you would have:
- Prioritized the story queue and managed the team efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Utilized tools such as Trello, Trevor.io (or manual SQL queries), Confluence, Google Docs and Slack for tracking, prioritization, documentation, and communication on a daily basis.
- Lead a project scoping discussion with the director of product, the project’s tech lead, design lead, and key stakeholders, pairing with the tech lead afterwards to break out a project’s user stories.
- Reviewed UX flows and UI designs for a new feature, keeping all key stakeholders’ interests in mind when providing feedback.
- Worked with our product marketing team to determine a product rollout plan to introduce new features and help drive adoption as they get announced.
- Attended a product retro, distilling feedback from project leads and individual contributors to improve our execution on product plans and fine tune our development process.
- Sought feedback from users on a feature we just launched to understand what’s working and what we can still make better.
- Spent time with Creators to understand why they use our platform and to observe how they use our product.
- Led a call with a brand user to understand their business needs, strategic plans, and how we can provide more value to them.
- Made tough priority calls and trade-offs balancing available time, talent, and critical business needs.
- Worked with a support dev to understand and triage newly identified bugs to ensure we’re fixing the most pressing issues first and communicating to the greater team who the bug might affect and how.
- Solicited feedback and suggestions from your fellow employees, turning that loose feedback into actionable plans.
- QA-ed a new feature to ensure the requirements were met and worked with engineering to address any issues or bugs.
- 3+ years of product management ideally for a B2B SaaS technology company.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external (e.g.: salespeople, designers, developers, corporate clients, and daily app users), distilling varying viewpoints and feedback into a cohesive product strategy.
- Knowledge of agile software development, ideally with 2+ years of experience shipping products in an agile software development environment.
- Design driven and have a passion for usability and simplicity.
- A data-driven approach - we want your help establishing the metrics and data collection methods that will help us prioritize our roadmap and validate our completed projects. Ideal candidates will have experience setting and hitting quantitative goals. Knowledge of SQL is a plus too!
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy, a keen eye for detail, the courage to dive into key strategic initiatives and the drive to make a product a reality.
- An aptitude for understanding how our product and teammates work, so that you can anticipate how Design will envision the product, how Dev will build it, and how our customers will use it.
- An understanding that one of our greatest strengths as a startup is that we can move quickly, pushing features, getting feedback, and continually improving.
- A genuine interest in getting to know your teammates and authentic desire to build something worth sharing with them.
These expectations are just a guide. Feel free to apply and tell us why you’d be great here even if you don’t meet them all!
Why You Should Work Here:
- Talented teammates + access to the Y-Combinator network
- Flexible work hours and vacation
- Subsidized health care
- Paid parental leave
- Company 401(k)
- Fully stocked pantry with snacks, coffee, tea, and more
- A fresh laptop, noise-cancelling headphones, & a motorized sit/stand desk
- An amazing office in West Loop
- $1,750 bonus towards a travel/wellness experience after 2 years. Treat yourself!