About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub’s Delivery product team is looking for a technical customer-focused Product Manager, to help us make the best delivery experience for millions of diners. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think from a customer perspective is crucial.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Playing a key role on the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with key stakeholders, including executive leadership, Grubhub’s technology team and various business teams, to articulate specific goals.
- Envisioning, articulating and prioritizing a long-term product strategy designed to achieve these goals.
- Connect data points, research and other insights into a clear articulation of needs and wants (derived from a variety of sources, including survey data, qualitative research, industry analysis and benchmarking, customer interviews, and internal data including logged and clickstream data).
- Delivering on rigorous, quantifiable business objectives in a matrixed, flat organization.
- Lead projects through the definitional stages, working to ensure that we’re working to solve the right problem and have clearly articulated problem statements and goals identified. Own accountability for the ultimate execution of the project, working cross-functionally to ensure that the solution that is built delivers against the defined problem and goals.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, engineering)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development in technical leadership, product management, program management, or similar roles within an Agile environment.
- Strong technical background with experience in managing technical products and/or platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in managing products related to ecommerce, marketplace, software or any digital product or service.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and of driving outcomes in a fast paced matrix environment; history of successfully delivering large scale projects in high-quality, managing the entire life-cycle.
- Excellent problem solving skills, track record of improving metrics.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive action.
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating and communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.