Shape the products used by over 10 million people from America’s best employers.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to shape our product strategy and prioritize our efforts to provide exceptional savings opportunities to our clients and their employees.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees. These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 850 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and United Airlines to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more – developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
This is an exciting season at PerkSpot. By practically any measure, PerkSpot is growing at a rate that exceeds expectations in our industry and within the investment community. While we don’t see any signs that will change, we are rapidly expanding our teams in product and technology to meet the next stage of opportunities that have been created by our growth.
We’re the leaders in negotiating private employee discount programs. As we have expanded the breadth of savings opportunities within our marketplace, we have recognized the need to leverage data and technology to ensure our users find the most relevant savings opportunities for them and their families.
A successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in a tech-enabled business, preferably in ecommerce.
- Experience collaborating with talented technology teams of 10-25 people, preferably in a mix of in-house, local and off-shore talent using an agile/Scrum-based approach.
- Demonstrable experience developing and communicating enterprise-wide product roadmaps, and leading the collaboration around priorities and resource constraints.
- Experience validating and refinding product strategy through market research, modeling, and testing.
- The ability to thrive and extend a KPI/ROI-based culture of results.
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business, as well as gain a better understanding of the HR industry in general.
- Outline your first guess at how you can improve our product in the next 12-24 months at PerkSpot
- Meet with members across the company, including executives.
Throughout Your Career Here
- You will impact the lives of millions of people and their families.
- Your friends and family are going to understand the work you do, because you’re rarely more than a couple blocks from an employer or brand whom PerkSpot works with.
- You will develop a consistent track record of “winning the right way.” Winning because you delivered results in an ethical way you can feel good about, and you made smart decisions that have long-term impacts on the success of PerkSpot.
- Be an owner. Every employee receives meaningful equity ownership in the company.
- Deploy millions of dollars toward a product roadmap that tangibly contributed to the impressive growth of PerkSpot.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.