Product Manager at SMS Assist
- Manage research and development activities relating to the design and development of software products and qualification or re-qualification of new and existing products.
- Represent the end user of a software product during product planning, development, and release, as a part of the Agile development process.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure fulfillment of product requirements, evaluates product performance and transition products from development to commercialization.
- Own the entire life cycle for product development including: design/ideation, product backlog creation/prioritization/grooming, management of product delivery/deployment dates, product quality, and customer adoption.
- Act as a technical consultant to the product organization and leads research, and prototyping of innovative technologies and products.
- Ensure the technology and architectural roadmap of engineering is properly aligned with and supports the product/business road map and meets the needs of the end customer.
- Act as a customer liaison on technical issues related to product integration, custom development and requirements.
- May lead major releases and ensure feature enhancements respond to customer requests.
- Responsible for product delivery managing schedules and tasks related to all aspects of product development.
- Work with local & overseas development teams at needed hours.
- Foster a positive team environment
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Travel requirements: Travel Expected: up to 25% of the time
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service – Proficient
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness – Proficient
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Analysis – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) – preferred
- Knowledge of SDLC development methodologies including Agile
- Technical expertise
- Computer skills
- Project management skills
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Past technical software development experience
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.