At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and presenting the vision and roadmap for the value stream products or services. Creates the vision based on a thorough understanding of customer needs, working with both business initiative owners and technology teams. Guides both requirements and the work through the portfolio grooming, program grooming, and prioritization meetings by taking responsibility for “content decisions” and what gets implemented. Empowered to make fast decisions about the initiatives, with input from VPs and Initiative Owners, and other key stakeholders. Ensures the Product Owners are synthesizing business objectives and Agile development principles in order to develop features for key initiatives.
- Develops and communicates the product vision and roadmap. Adjusts and responds to changing market, customer and/or organizational needs, working closely with business teams and initiative owners.
- Supports the whole program and teams through the clarification of business needs, direction, and features.
- Helps break down initiatives into prioritized features with Acceptance Criteria, and manages the program pipeline (backlog) of these features, for every release and iteration.
- Provides issue management, risk assessments, risk mitigation, cost analysis, and minimum viable product evaluations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Marketing, Finance, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Financial Services, Technology, Customer Service, Marketing, Operations, Project Management, Scaled Agile or Agile Development Project Management, Product Owner, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile or Agile Development Project Management, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management, Scaled Agile or Agile Development Project Management, Product Owner, Technology Architect, Software Development, or related field
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.