Product Manager at Kin Insurance
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:19 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
At Kin, we are modernizing and simplifying a 100-year-old industry by building our product suite from the ground up, and in case it’s not obvious, our customers are our top priority. The Product Manager owns their respective products - identifying and prioritizing internal and external customer needs, and collaborating with our engineering, design, and operations teams to build, maintain, and improve the tools that drive call center operations and customer experience.
A day-in-the-life could include:
- Analyzing product feedback and prioritizing product initiatives
- Collaborating with internal teams to establish objectives and strategies to improve product features and eliminate barriers
- Developing solutions to known and anticipated issues
- Identifying opportunities to improve internal customer experience
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Big-picture thinker who can deliver the details
- Ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into concrete action plans
- Previous experience, or at least an interest, in contact center or customer-facing environments
- An eye for great products and willingness to advocate for new features with qualitative and quantitative reasoning
- Ability to communicate with empathy and precision
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers about technical features and product architecture
We’ve got you covered
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description