Product Manager at EMX Digital
EMX is a leading marketing technology company, leveraging a patented, end-to-end tech stack purpose-built to meet the demands of today’s digital marketplace. The company creates both open and closed-loop solutions designed to unify advertisers, platforms and publishers across digital media channels — including Advanced TV, Video, Display, Search & Social.
While recognized as an independent solutions provider for the digital media landscape, EMX also serves as the technology and programmatic division for its parent, ENGINE — a global data-driven marketing company serving advertising’s most recognized brands.
As the Senior Product Manager of Demand & Local Marketing Platforms, you will play a crucial role in the growth and development of our business by driving innovation with our product and engineering teams. You will work closely with internal teams as well as clients and partners to understand the strategic needs of the business. Then, you will work with the engineering teams to develop new products that will propel EMX ahead of the competition in our market.
We are looking for a technically-savvy individual with experience in online advertising and local marketing to bring their knowledge and experience to bear on our growing company.
- Work with internal teams, clients, and partners to understand and capture business requirements for the product roadmap.
- Translate business requirements into use cases, user stories, and acceptance criteria using Jira.
- Work with Engineering to clarify requirements, develop estimates, and conduct planning.
- Serve as the Agile product owner on one or more development efforts at a time.
- Represent the end user during the development lifecycle.
- Conduct user acceptance testing and product acceptance testing.
- Create release notes and other documentation in support of product rollout.
- Contribute to strategic planning efforts and the product roadmap.
- Monitor and understand competitive activity; be a subject matter expert in local marketing, search, and social.
- Keep internal stakeholders apprised of development initiatives through roadmap presentations and other forums. Set expectations accordingly.
- Interact with external partners as necessary.
- 5 or more years of experience in ad tech or local marketing software development either as an engineer or as a technical product manager. Experience as a business analyst or technical writer is helpful also.
- Technical background (computer science or engineering degree or equivalent experience).
- Thorough knowledge of the local marketing ecosystem.
- Thorough knowledge of programmatic advertising for display and video (DSPs, DMPs, Exchanges, ad servers, and SSPs) as well as search and social platforms.
- Capacity to break down complex technical topics into clear, digestible information.
- Prior experience writing use cases, user stories, acceptance criteria, and test cases.
- Prior experience creating wireframes, mockups, and user flows.
- Prior experience using Jira or a similar tool.
- Prior experience working in an Agile software development – Scrum, Kanban, or similar methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and superior presentation skills.
- Experience interacting with clients, partners, and stakeholders.