Product Manager at Yello
We’ve all had a recruiting experience that stands out, either because it was magical or ‘oh so horrible.’
The technology that recruiting teams use to find, connect with, and advance talent often shapes a candidate’s experience. Yello’s software enables employers to recruit effectively and efficiently. If it excites you to be a part of a team that helps some of the world’s largest brands connect with their talent, then come grow your career with Yello.
Founded in 2008, Yello is a venture-backed talent acquisition software company that empowers Fortune 500 and fast-growing enterprise companies to find the best talent for their organizations. Our solutions helps recruiters love their work — and helps people early in their careers find their dream job.
~We believe in bringing our authentic selves to work.
~We are hungry to learn and are forever curious.
~We do what’s right for our customers, leading with our expertise.
~We are proactive.
~And last but not least, we strive to start with empathy in all of our interactions.
About The Role
The Product Manager provides ownership, direction and guidance for our award-winning suite of Talent Management and Recruiting software products. This role involves day-to-day product management needs as well as helping to shape, drive and evolve our overall product strategy based on client, competitive and internal factors. The person in this role will balance the tactical needs of short-term and mid-term client needs and product evolution against the strategic needs of the long-term.
The Product Manager has a solid, well-developed understanding of SaaS product definition and product lifecycle management, and deep experience in Product Management within an Agile environment at a rapidly-growing company. The person in this role also possesses a sense of how to be a cross-functional steward and partner to all other functions within the business (Leadership, Engineering, Marketing, Sales/Account Management, Finance, etc.) and be well versed in all aspects of Product Management, from ideation/strategy through concept and development. The candidate should also be experienced in understanding how to build business cases, including financials, for Products.
Product Managers at Yello are problem solvers living at the center of design, engineering, and business, helping to not only satisfy, but delight our customers. They’re tireless communicators managing competing priorities while continuing to deliver results.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally with little direction to help the team build new and improve existing products, managing the entire product development life cycle from discovery to execution to iteration
- Falls in love with a good problem and continually seeks a better understanding of customer problems, needs, and desires through research, analysis, testing, and the alike
- Gets to the heart of requirements, translating them into a prioritized roadmap and backlog directly aligned with the greater product vision and strategy, to which they’re helping define daily
- Strives within ambiguity, helping lead a product team of Product Designers, Engineers, and other stakeholders make decisions, identify trade-offs and risks, and deliver results based on outcomes and KPIs
- Adapts and changes in support of the team and products, knowing the best process is the one the entire team embraces
- Help define and communicate the product roadmap
- Work closely within an agile team, helping prioritize and deliver on key features
- Lead story writing, story prioritization, and backlog management for key products
- Work closely with the Project Management team in defining client release timeframes and functional requirements
- Develop and iterate on concepts for web, mobile, and tablet design experiences in a fast-paced team environment
- Own and deliver against key business metrics, analyze user behavior and trends, promote adoption, and provide business updates to leadership
- Has the confidence and ability to manage and prioritize requests coming from various internal and external sources, as well as technical and business partnerships at a product level
- Manages the rollout of new releases to the company's customer base, and market for key product modules
- Act as a seasoned product management mentor to others within the team
What We're Looking For
- Product experience with a strong technical background and track record of completing top quality deliverables under tight deadlines
- Prior experience working in an enterprise software company or a consulting services firm is preferred
- Proven ability to identify, capture and design business processes while analyzing problems and recommending solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, business communication and writing skills
- Customer-focused with high quality standards
- Ability to quickly build trusted relationships and thrive in a client site environment
- Deep experience in process definition and business documentation requirements
- Experience with facilitation and requirements solicitation
- Ability to work with technical resources and non-technical business leaders to document and define systems
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team to drive results based on individual experience
- Flexibility in approach and demeanor to handle changing client dynamics
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time.
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time.