Product Manager at Cappex
Cappex's mission is to help millions of high school students each year realize their dreams of discovering and getting into the right college for them. We get excited about converting a confusing, high-stress time in a student's life and turning it into a simple, organized, pursuit for the perfect fit. Cappex is growing and needs innovators like you to support our mission. Join our team today and help connect students to their dreams.
Each year, millions of students rely on Cappex for college guidance. This year, Cappex is launching and iterating on an entirely new software platform to serve new and existing needs in the higher education market. You will lead efforts to identify, conceptualize, validate, design, develop, release, monitor, and optimize new solutions to satisfy the complex needs of various user-types and stakeholders. You are open-minded and empathetic when understanding competing needs and analytical in your approach to solving problems and crafting solutions.
- Define software products and features which effectively synthesize user needs and behavioral data with business objectives and corporate strategy.
- Understand the needs of various user-types through qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Work closely with product designers to user-test, iterate, and validate concepts.
- Guide designers to produce detailed UI designs that account for all usage scenarios.
- Produce detailed specifications which provide concise and accurate direction for design, development, and QA teams.
- Define and monitor KPIs for new product functionality. Learning, iterating, and adjusting to optimize for desired outcomes.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years previous experience in product management
- Demonstrated delivery of complex product functionality to market on-time and of high-quality
- Experience working closely with UX/UI designers
- Ability to evaluate conflicting perspectives and priorities while analytically problem-solving
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with JIRA and SQL a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer