Product Manager at Nielsen Global Connect
Every day, seven billion consumers spend billions buying products. And today, Nielsen clients are struggling to find growth as channel fragmentation and evolving consumer wants and needs influence how consumers interact with brands and buy products. Clients look to Nielsen to help them make sense of this change, how to best adapt to it, and how to stay ahead of the next wave.
At Nielsen, measurement is at our core; we collect billions of data points to help our clients identify unmet needs, and Nielsen Product Leadership is at the forefront of our growing data sets. We are looking for an innovative, growth-minded leader to join our US Zone Product leadership team.
US ZONE PRODUCT MANAGER:
So where do you fit here? You’ll be responsible for assessing product opportunities in the US and defining those with the best value/cost for our clients. As our clients are demanding solutions that keep up with growing channel fragmentation, you will work with data science, operations, retail services and commercial teams to prioritize and deliver product innovations in retail measurement across traditional retail cooperation and consumer panels.
You’ll find opportunities that align to the global product strategy and work together with Global PL to turn opportunities into business cases that can be deployed and aligned with commercial objectives to meet the financial objectives for the North America Zone.
In your role, you would:
- Focus on Discovery within the Zone; understanding the buyer persona, the competitive landscape and use cases
- Evaluate and prioritize product opportunities across retail scan, ecommerce, and consumer panel product opportunities
- Work with internal stakeholders to understand, rationalize, and create business cases for products within assigned portfolio and Zone
- Apply a consistent approach to the Product Development Life Cycle - conducting thorough product discovery and effectively partnering with stakeholders to ensure effective mobilization of Design / Build and go-to-market activities
- Determine product requirements based on discovery and prioritization; working closely with Global PL teams, Data Science and Operations to enable them to successfully execute
- Support the Design / Build and Retirement phases of the PDLC in partnership with Global PL teams
- Drive integration of retail scan and panel measurement data into other apps and datasets
- Identify and engage with potential partners to achieve product roadmap objectives, specifically highlighting any nuances or specific client and country needs in the Zone
- Manage expectations with our clients and commercial teams on product features and functionality
- Lead local GTM strategy, coordinating with Global PL and Product Marketing
- Support Commercial teams as needed with client Meetings, RFPs as well as internal Nielsen Briefings
We are looking for people with:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Data Science, Market Research, or related field
- Proven understanding of traditional forms of measurement and their challenges in modern times
- Experience working with retail measurement solutions and/or consumer panels, preferably with experience understanding ecommerce measurement
- Experience and ability to to manage the Product Development Life Cycle
- A go-getter, self starter attitude without fear of challenges
- Adaptable and flexible to changes and challenges
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams from strategy to execution while creating strong relationships with leaders across Operations, Technology, Data Science, Commercial, etc.
- Someone who is a strategic thinker and executor; sees the vision, defines the big picture into action, and leads a team to follow and execute with passion
- Excellent ability to communicate with others and build communication and messaging strategies for product initiatives
- A fresh perspective - ability to think creatively, to push for results; won’t accept the status quo
- Superior organizational skills - prior project / program management experience preferred
- Demonstrated influence, stakeholder engagement, and ability to work directly with clients
DOES THIS ROLE SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY TODAY!