Product Manager at GoHealth
GoHealth builds industry-leading technology products that help millions of Americans find the insurance coverage that they need. We are searching for a Product Manager who is passionate about the healthcare system in the U.S. to help lead our products into the future. This product leader will sit within GoHealth's engineering-focused technology organization and play a central role in defining, articulating, and executing our product vision. While guiding efforts to build high-value products will be a primary responsibility, a successful individual will be equally effective in maintaining a strong sense of our clients' needs and behaviors; GoHealth's strategic direction; the competitive environment; and our industry in order to generate sustainable market leadership. Successful product managers at GoHealth know how to dig into the details of how their products tick, and strive to make their products measurably better. Strong candidates should be able to demonstrate a history of doing the research, digging into the details, analyzing the data, knowing the market, and performing disciplined experiments in order to drive changes which produce measurable business value.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
- Developing GoHealth's product vision by collaborating across the organization to identify key areas of focus to which the application of new products or product enhancements can generate significant business value.
- Working closely with diverse stakeholders to produce a well-defined product roadmap which executes a product vision and exhibits sound, sustainable technical design and high business value.
- Regularly and clearly communicating both high-level product vision and specifics of technical implementation to audiences both inside and outside of our organization.
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders on how your products can be used to accomplish business objectives. In cases where a solution would require development, this includes coaching stakeholders towards options that create generalizable, sustainable value for a broad set of related, common applications.
- Writing and/or evaluating quantitative business cases which are expected to present credible, measurable business hypotheses in defense of specific product investment requests.
- Participating in ongoing planning of our substantial, but finite, technical investments to balancing specific initiatives within the company's priorities at large, with the objective of ensuring that our operating plan produces the greatest possible business value.
- Negotiating desirable, measurable business outcomes with key executive stakeholders and then managing design and delivery of products to efficiently capture those outcomes.
- Collaborating with design professionals to build compelling, measurable user experiences that can be analyzed and optimized with the data they generate.
- Documenting product definitions and features for both internal and external consumption.
- Demonstrating product features and enhancements to diverse stakeholders.
- Documenting and organizing technical debt initiatives to ensure technical sustainability of products.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited (competitive preferred) college or university in fields such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, or other technical disciplines
- 3+ years of experience working in a product and/or technical leadership role in a high growth company
- Experience working in a technical, analytical, or engineering role; comfort in discussing engineered systems in technical detail is a must
- Strong business sense, and an ability to articulate and evaluate business opportunities
- Demonstrated proficiency in collecting and analyzing data, including comfort in SQL, Excel, Python, Splunk and/or similar systems
- Well-developed systems thinking, demonstrated through education and/or professional experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Open vacation policy
- 401k program with company match
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- Subsidized gym memberships
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer