Product Marketing Manager (Payments) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
As a Product Marketer, you will be tasked with generating buy-in and excitement for product roadmaps and ensure all internal/external stakeholders have a clear understanding of what’s happening and why. You will work closely with product managers, go-to-market, and sales teams to drive successful product launches and campaign strategies. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to play a key role in developing product marketing strategies for existing and future digital payment technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Perform end-to-end product management, which includes customer experience, operational and product performance, and roadmap development.
- Manage product strategy for individual products and features as part of strategy development process and product roadmap.
- Uniquely position and message DGN’s digital capabilities and solutions in the market and deliver them via value propositions, messaging frameworks, pitch decks, solution briefs, web content, and other materials.
- Lead product launches and be a partner to the product and go-to-market team, with a focus on driving results and to optimize our promotional and sales channels.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of audience segments, highlighting use cases, engagement models and business value for each target audience.
- Partner with Brand to develop the strategy and content that drives demand for our products.
- Work with the Sales team to develop impactful enablement resources and arm the team to better position ourselves against other competitors and products.
- Create “Sales Tool Kits” for the sales organization that make it easy for them to introduce and sell all of our products and solutions to current and prospective clients.
- Help drive deeper engagement of our product through strategic communication plans for both internal and external audiences.
How You’ll Do It
- Analyze industry and consumer trends, identify consumer insight opportunities, and make recommendations to inform product roadmap.
- Develop, prioritize, and oversee the execution of products and features in alignment with key priorities of the Products and Innovation team. Implement against project plan to ensure project delivery.
- Manage a portion of the Product Marketing budget, making recommendations for where to best optimize marketing spend to accomplish our goals.
- Work with the broader marketing team to launch campaigns that span web, community, social, email, ads, and other marketing channels when applicable.
- Measure the success of content and materials produced. Use the analytics available to make recommendations and develop best practices to maximize the effective of future materials.
- Lead and influence large cross-functional business team to deliver an integrated end-to-end experience across all channels.
- Develop product scorecard and manage KPIs for performance against annual goals.
- Communicate with senior management and cross-functional management teams on progress of key initiatives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Lead effort to manage compliance controls and risks, prevent errors and address issues.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Customer Service, Product Management, Process Management, Digital, Vendor Management, or related experience
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Customer Service, Product Management, Process Management, Digital, Vendor Management, or related experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master's degree in Business, or related field
- 4+ years of product marketing experience
- Ability to think strategically to define new opportunities, refine and enhance current strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of product marketing principles and communications
- Strong project management with superior oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Collaborate and negotiate with business partners across the organization
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.