Product Marketing Manager at SpotOn
Product Marketing Manager
This is a full-time role in Chicago, IL
SpotOn is a software and payments SAAS company with an omni channel software platform that has redefined the merchant service industry by giving businesses the tools and services to help them grow and run their businesses. We are one of the fastest growing companies in fintech (growing from 50 to 900 employees in the past two years). We rely on our products, integrity, and concierge like service team instead of tricky and misleading long term contracts rampant in the payments industry.
We have built easy-to-use tools for businesses to increase revenue and connect them with their customers using rewards, deals, online reviews, and data analytics in conjunction with cutting edge POS systems and payment applications. Tools like these were previously only available to big businesses with big bankrolls and their own developers, but our platform caters to neighborhood stores, independent retailers, and small to mid-sized chains.
Our Product Marketing team’s mission is to develop and execute SpotOn’s go-to-market strategy for our suite of products to drive the usage growth of our products. The team also summarizes customer analytic insights to propel a product strategy that best suits our customers. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, Design, and Senior Management, working across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving and growing product adoption. You will be the voice of our customers and passionately represent their needs.
The ideal candidate is:
- A superb Communicator that understands the needs of our customers and empathizes with their day to day challenges.
- Data Driven but balanced by instincts. You like working with data and insights but rely on product and customer instincts when launching new products with no data
- Organized. You are able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- Passionate about technology. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- Self-starter and Ambitious. You love fast paced environments where products are constantly launched and iterated upon. You thrive in a dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate on a high level and dig deep into the details and analytics
- A frequent user of mobile apps
- A Team Player, who is kind and smart
- 3-4 years of product marketing experience
- BA/BS degree, prefered in a business related field.
- Proven track record of developing, executing and scaling high impact, multi-channel go-to-market efforts for B2B solutions
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Experience in B2B marketing and working closely with sales teams is preferred
- Deep knowledge working with Analytic tools (such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, FullStory ect.) to measure successes, failures, and enhancements
- Experience using market research to inform product development strategies
- Ability to inspire, lead and align cross-functional teams
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Deep understanding in customer journey
- Experience with competitive analysis
- Restaurant Hospitality experience
- Experience conducting user interviews
Nice to have:
- Experience with webinars creation
- Experience with Product Community Building and management
- Experience with partnerships management
… and here’s a bit about what we have to offer!
- Flexible working schedule
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Relocation stipend available
- 401K with matching
SpotOn is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.