We're looking for an execution-focused Product Operations Manager to drive prioritization, research, and delivery of our market expansion initiatives. In this role, you'll be a critical piece in executing high-priority initiatives and unlock our ability to continue to achieve impressive top-line growth, while building out the long-term Product Operations muscle at Root. Coordinating across a range of our partners, such as Pricing, Engineering, and Legal, you'll build and launch our products with a focus on speed and compliance.
What you'll be doing:
- Build and launch high-priority markets on the expansion roadmap
- Lead strategic alignment with business partners to prioritize new markets
- Conduct initial market research, working closely with our regulatory team to understand market specific complexities
- Partner with State Managers, Product Designers, and Engineering Managers to deliver solutions that meet business and compliance requirements
- Continuously optimize roadmap based on changes to the requirements and deliverables
- Communicate with key stakeholders throughout the entirety of the process from initial planning to delivery
- Identify creative ways to explore solutions and challenge norms
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of business experience, with 2+ years of program management, product operations management experience or similar
- Demonstrated experience coordinating engineering teams to design, scope, and deliver product requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication across executive and cross-functional audiences.
- Exceptional leadership skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority
- Proven ability to thrive in a results-driven, fast-paced work environment
What we'd prefer
- Technology or insurance industry experience preferred
- Compliance experience preferred
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team!
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us