Product Operations Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The role is charged with making the product team more efficient by streamlining processes, standardizing planning, putting together onboarding training programs, and managing product reporting statuses to enable visibility across partners. This team is functionally aligned under the product organization but will work with a multitude of teams across Affirm to drive and enable business growth. This team reports via the team lead, directly to the SVP of Product.
This person will develop, implement, and maintain processes and special projects that support the growth of our product strategy. Additionally, they will help drive cross-functional alignment by providing visibility across product beta testing and launches.
What you'll need to succeed
The Product Operations team will enable our Product teams to build and deliver best-in-class products that delight our customers and to do so in a way that is efficient, effective, and scalable. This role requires a leader passionate about building a small fearless team to develop the operational business rhythm and reporting structure required to support Affirm’s product organization’s rapid growth. Being an effective influencer who possesses a high degree of product acumen is crucial for success!
The ideal candidate has a combination of product, operations, and technology experience, and is able to thrive in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. This role will work across various initiatives requiring a broad mix of work - some more embryonic/early stage and some more operational/later stage.
What you'll do
- Running and iterating the quarterly product planning cycle to support product managers with the resources and structure needed to set successful area OKRs and roadmaps.
- Develop the communication framework of the overall product roadmap and develop the process to keep it up to date and accurate. Ensure cross-functional business partners are aware and aligned on the key objectives from the roadmap and tracking product roll-outs.
- Support onboarding of new hires by defining effective onboarding processes
- Manage and optimize the product tools stack used by the product team
- Maintain templates, guidelines, references, and resources for product managers (for example specs, release communications, survey frameworks)
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key partners across the company, including engineering, product, finance, and commercial
- 7+ years of work experience as a program, project, product, or operations manager within a technology organization (or similar).
- BA/BS in a relevant field (Operations Management and Systems Engineering is a plus).
- Demonstrated results-orientation, with strong decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize multiple objectives while meeting deadlines
- Experience in applying operational processes efficiency frameworks such as Lean Management, Six Sigma, and other operational efficiency tools.
- Ability to build strong relationships with PMs, senior leaders (e.g., Product Directors/VPS), and cross-functional partners
- Effective and mature communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing; comfortable in business and technical discussions.