Product Owner - Consumer Mobile Apps
Join a very fast growing team at Numerator! The OmniPanel business is a key growth driver within Numerator and is an exciting business that is on the forefront of machine learning, computer vision, and other new technologies that enable us to extract information from our hundreds of thousands of panelists and turn it into data that many Fortune 500 companies use to guide their business and answer questions about who is buying their products and why. The Product Owner for Consumer Mobile Apps will be in charge of leading the engineering team and Agile process around our two Mobile Apps, ReceiptHog and Shoparoo. Both apps are highly-rated and popular apps with a total install base of over 2MM households. This role will be able to take charge of the technical development process and build new exciting features that drive more engagement from our users and potentially be involved in developing new apps or other tools that continue to help us understand consumers & shopping behavior. This is a disruptive role and we're looking for a fantastic individual who, working with our Product Manager, can craft beautiful and exciting experiences on mobile. Here's what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Lead the technology roadmap planning process working closely with the Engineering team
- Work with scrum masters to drive quarterly planning session and set sprint priorities for the broader team
- Work closely with the Product Managers to translate the product specifications to actionable steps for the engineering & development teams
- Manage resource allocation across different initiatives and work closely with engineering leaders to make sure that key engineering talent is efficiently allocated
- Lead the day-to-day of working with teams to grow our various panels in the US and beyond and be able to define the needs along with the Product Manager and communicate those to the Engineering organization
- Lead the development of internal applications that streamline the process of extracting information from the receipts as well as allowing internal teams to more quickly identify/audit/fix issues and assign product codes to more items
- Monitor user activity and happiness (via NPS and other tools) to proactively understand how to better retain and engage users across our portfolio of apps and engagement mechanisms
- Lead design sprints with product designers to quickly mockup prototypes (using InVision) and communicate the idea and product to engineers
- Previous experience as a Product Owner or strong Agile / Scrum process understanding
- Previous experience working on a mobile app development team
- Experience with agile management or product management software (JIRA and/or Aha! is preferred)
- Candidates with strong technical and analytical skills (using Python, R, or even Excel) preferred
- Candidates that may also have B2B experience - We have B2C facing apps, but we sell B2B.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.