Product Owner (Corporate/Remote)
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Product Owner is a key leader within Product Development and works with a dedicated product team. S/he is responsible for creating a product vision of what needs to be built, and championing this vision to the product team through creation of business objectives, epics and user stories. S/he should have a talent for conveying a clear and compelling narrative and an enthusiasm for creating vital functionality, while striving to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to think strategically about our products and act tactically. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
• At ease working at all levels of the organization
• Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly.
• Passionate about quality and controls
• A superior communicator with a penchant for change management
• Unflinching in your desire for production stability
How we work:
• Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories.
• Dedicated IT Operations experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools.
• We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale.
• Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles.
• Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress.
• Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams.
What we offer:
• Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed.
• A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them.
• The chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity.
• Annual training allowance plus a subscription to Pluralsight for all technology colleagues.
• 3+ years of experience in product management
• 5+ years of experience in Payroll / Human Capital Management, preferably at a SaaS provider
• Deep domain expertise in payroll, benefits, time & labor, or human capital management.
• Experience working in an agile environment.
• Certified Scrum Product Manager (CSPO) certifications, a plus.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, technology skills, written and oral communication skill
During the last three months, you would have:
• Established a point-of-view about the product vision and aligned business owners and product stakeholders to that vision
• Translated product vision into prioritized and deliverable epics and user stories.
• Coordinated with other Product Owners to establish overall release goals and identify dependencies for cross-product initiatives.
• Driven continuous improvement; shared lessons learned and contributed to the development of the agile practices
• Adjusted product priorities based on actual experience and user feedback
• Facilitated and guided product planning, stakeholder interactions, and demos
• Worked with internal and external customers to fully understand and conceptualize features and work flows related to those features
• Created, maintained, prioritized and owned the product backlog
• Made the final determination on feature acceptance and what ships
• Understood the competitive landscape and balance but not be beholden to it
• Acted as the voice of the customer, answered product related questions, and provided overall direction.
• Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014
• 7-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
• Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
• Ranked #14 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2014
• Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
• Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
• Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America