Product Owner, Data & AI Platform
The Data & AI Platform Product owner is responsible for identifying, scoping & building the NextGen Data & AI platform that interfaces with internal enterprise platforms as well as external APIs This role will be the voice of our internal and external stakeholders and provide cross-functional leadership across analytics, engineering, and operations to define and deliver state-of-the-art data offerings and insights.
- Own the product roadmap while collaborating with a cross-functional global team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, vendors and business partners
- Be the product evangelist and the champion driving the product strategy and monitoring the whole product lifecycle.
- Create, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog, create actionable user stories, answer questions as the customer/user representative, accept the finished user stories to make sure the work meets the criteria and lead retrospectives
- Define sprints while driving scrum meetings and backlog grooming sessions
- Lead user acceptance testing, end of sprint demo’s and training sessions for our internal and external customers
- Define, analyze and present metrics/KPIs that details current state as well as the future state relating to product success
- Communicate technical components and workings of the data and the AI processes, models to non-technical stakeholders and external audiences
- Be an operational technical lead in communicating project readiness. key challenges and risks of a given product
Role Specific Skills
- Highly effective in translating enterprise and functional strategies to product roadmaps and project plans
- Keen Eye towards visual design and user interactions (UI/UX)
- A good understanding of the current market trends in the Data Science / Machine Learning methodologies and steps involved in building successful data projects
- Hands on expertise in Python/R and SQL to make quick reads on the current state of the platform.
- Proficient in using Windows/Mac systems including Microsoft office 365 product suite.
- Ability to create, review, update dashboards, reports in a data visualization tool such as tableau and publish it to our internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with agile/scrum practices as a product or program manager.
- Detail oriented individual that drives self-audit with a good understanding of the complexity of the data and analytics domain.
- Problem Solver with highly analytical skills, using data to make decisions and comfortable gathering data independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external partners
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
- Customer Service - Advanced
- Verbal Communication - Advanced
- Written Communication - Advanced
- Teamwork - Advanced
- Relationships - Proficient
- Organizational Awareness - Advanced
- Learning Agility - Advanced
- Problem Solving - Expert
- Process Orientation - Proficient
- Prioritization - Advanced
- Bachelor's degree, MBA and other advanced degrees preferred
- 2-4 years of product management or related experience and a passion for using data to maximize impact across multiple products
- Product/project management experience involving both local and remote teams
- Experience with data science/ML, data engineering, and big data infrastructure a plus
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.