Product Owner- DevOps at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
- DevOps Product Owner will help to revolutionize ServiceNow internal delivery process for its business users and developers.
- We are looking for a candidate to lead DevOps strategy, adoption and process improvements along with driving the latest DevOps products and features from the ServiceNow platform.
- This is an exceptional opportunity to transform the way a company works, create the vision and deliver on how to make work, work better for our employees.
- You will be a good fit if you:
- Demonstrate depth and/or breadth of DevOps expertise.
- Can interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices.
- Able to solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify solutions based on best practices and will drive adoption.
- What you get to do in this role:
- Lead DevOps process change for IT software delivery across the IT Organization by collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Apply DevOps thinking - i.e. bring development and IT Ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our business.
- Provide DevOps thought leadership and mentoring in both advisory and delivery contexts, focusing on the requirements of our business and how these are best served by continuous improvements to our delivery approach.
- Architect a Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application services from development through to production.
- Become an expert on the domain, the market, trends, and the history. Evangelize your vision so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand our strategy.
- Partner closely with all major business functions across the IT Organization and work collaboratively with project team, application teams, Change Management and other Scrum team members.
- Responsible for taking application teams through DevOps transformation from business case to post-implementation and benefits tracking.
- Drive crucial conversations with senior leaders in business and IT to define strategic business case and measurable benefits.
- Create crisp and complete documentation to facilitate program reviews and decision-making process along with training manual.
- Collaborate with the Service Owner and Program Manager to develop detailed program execution plan and manage all execution aspects, including program interdependencies, progress metrics, testing, deployment and enablement.
- Promote organizational understanding of DevOps roles, lead teams and individuals to transition from traditional software development lifecycle to DevOps delivery.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan and prioritize work.
- Drive process improvements toward the consistent successful delivery of working DevOps pipelines.
- Support the teams internal and external visibility to progress, status, timelines, risks and achievements
- To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins, Azure, Visual Studio, Selenium, ServiceNow.
- A good understanding of how software delivery is typically organized and the role that it plays within a large company.
- Strong general knowledge of what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code frameworks, application release automation tools, IaaS and PaaS technologies etc.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment.
- 7+ years of DevOps experience in driving process efficiencies and implementation of DevOps process and technologies.
- Design DevOps strategy, frameworks in line with Agile Development strategy.
- Educate various roles and levels of people on DevOps principles.
- Provide training sessions and teach skills that lead towards organization wide adoption of DevOps practices.
- Guiding teams into CI/CD methodologies.
- Experience in coaching teams with in depth guidance on the roles rituals and artifacts of DevOps teams and organization units.
- Recommend optimizations on a regular basis, suggest best practices centering on DevOps.
- Collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles like stakeholders, DevOps application team, Change and Release Management and admin teams.
- Previous architecture or technical team lead experience, preferably fulfilling in ServiceNow application delivery environments.
- Responsible for designing a plan for the adoption of DevOps across the IT organization.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.