Product Owner (Payments) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features
- Serve as the conduit to technology through the Agile team.
- Write user stories that align to the product features.
- Ensure the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized.
- Review and accept user stories.
- Partner with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continuous planning cycles.
How You’ll Do It
- Partner with agile team to deliver customer and business value through product features
- Develop user stories from prioritized features. Lead efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Write acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensure that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Provide status updates to the business and management.
- Collaborate with agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions
- Manage and prioritize sprint backlogs.
- Empower decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint. Approves each user story during the sprint. Lead efforts to attain product vision and objectives.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and relationships, IT, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related
- Extensive knowledge of Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
- Experience with digital wallets (Apple, Samsung, Google, Android, Garmin, etc)
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Proficiency in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other product owners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.