Product Owner at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Sage is a set of Enterprise level capabilities for storing and sharing Customer data from a central location. Sage’s Vision is to become the System of Record for Customer Data for the Enterprise – a One-Stop Shop for Real Time Access of Accurate, Up-To-Date, Highly Available Customer Data for all Lines of Business. We will achieve this Vision by providing access to the most Comprehensive Set of Operational Customer Data through a Reliable, Secure and Elegant Experience, bolstered by Top Notch Support. We need you to help build that reliable, secure and elegant experience, and achieve our vision.
You will be working in the newly formed Enterprise Shared Products organization as Product Owner for Team Sage. You will be joining a dynamic team who is constantly flexing to meet the needs of the business and next generation cloud technologies. Sage’s RESTful API suite serviced nearly 7 billion calls in the past year, and we continue to steadily grow and evolve. We are building new customer data systems which allow us to utilize modern technologies (Cloud, Open Source, Event-driven real time processing) and approaches to delivery (Scaled Agile, CI/CD, TDD + BDD) which will enable us to produce software and systems to support our business and embrace constant change. The Product Owner is the face of any team, and Sage’s star is rising. We are looking for the right candidate to fill the crucial Product Owner role.
- Partners with key stakeholders across the BT ecosystem to design elegant solutions, and lead initiatives from inception to go-live.
- Innovates on, and advocates for, best practices and improved processes within the team.
- Writes, and oversees delivery of, user stories that align to the product features.
- Develops and maintains a healthy, prioritized backlog. Includes close collaboration in Sprint/Feature Grooming.
- Reviews and accepts user stories, and partners with senior staff and product architects to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
- Proactively identifies gaps in requirements, and drives the swift resolution of those gaps.
- Ensures that the team delivers user stories to their defined acceptance criteria; enforces definition of done.
- Dedicates time to understanding the role this team plays in the larger BT ecosystem.
- Provides status updates to the business and to management.
- Partners with agile team to deliver customer and business value through product features
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Leads efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system.
- Manages and prioritizes sprint backlogs
Qualifications You’ll Need
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Finance, Engineering or related field.
- 2+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related field.
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT or related field.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 4+ years of experience in product owner, business analyst, customer service and relationships, IT, or related field
- Keen interest in “X” product
- Extensive knowledge of “Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects” (if it’s a Payment Services role)
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
#BI-Remote #Remote #LI-LJ1
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Proficiency in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other product owners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.