Broker X is set out to revolutionize the Energy Community – we are building a first-of-its-kind cloud-based platform for energy brokers and suppliers.
Who we are:
Our team has deep expertise in energy, technology, business optimization, and entrepreneurship. We are passionate about building scalable software-as-a-service platforms, empowering businesses to embrace new business models in the age of digital disruption.
What You’ll Do
He/She will be the primary owner of the financial product side company. They will own the customer experience and serve as the main liaison between technology and the business. They will need to develop scalable processes to handle rapid growth. Manage strategic projects that will be required for growth, help deliver and drive at least two major strategic goals in 2021. Manage the weekly project prioritization process. Manage the weekly technology and operations prioritization process:
- Leading large-scale new product development initiatives, including competitive and user research, business case development, scoping, product road map, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Leading cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage development and QA efforts.
- Developing written requirements and assisting in creating/validating mockups, managing their iteration through the design and testing process.
- Assisting in managing prioritization of new product enhancements and bug/fixes.
- Manage the backlog, prioritization of features, value vs. complexity tradeoffs, and cross-functional dependencies.
- Ensures end-to-end product definition and delivery of solutions.
- Work with internal users, external customers, and usage data to validate the effectiveness and success of your product.
- Act as the primary owner to make sure the needs of the business are met in such a way that takes maximum advantage of the strength of the technology team.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5 or more years experience leading agile product development teams
- Experience working with agile software engineering resources
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to influence cross-functional and international teams without formal authority.
- 3 or more years of experience as a product manager within a SaaS organization or preferably start-ups
- Business background helpful
- Experience working with sequel and ruby are helpful
- 3 or more years of product ownership experience is required