Product Owner at Wipfli
At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
You have a passion and track record for delivering native mobile and responsive web applications while building a consultative, delivery-first relationship with your enterprise-level clients as a Product Owner. You thrive in leading agile software teams and understand the nuances of design, development, and testing. You have expertise in making complex technology understandable, translating a product vision into an actionable product backlog, and driving empathy with your team by "getting in the weeds" to solve challenges together.
As Product Owner, you will be responsible for executing the product vision while facilitating backlog refinement, prioritization, issue triaging, and other Scrum-based ceremonies. You should have a unique blend of business and technical understanding to effectively communicate with both the client and your team. You must enjoy learning about the product and understanding its users in order to make the best decisions for the product.
- Work closely with Client and/or internal Product Management to create and maintain the product backlog
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize product feature backlog to ensure team is focused on delivering maximum value
- Run agile ceremonies with distributed team members
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Facilitate communication between client stakeholders and delivery team members
- Mitigate impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Provide product demos and presentations to clients
- Monitor and communicate project health through status and burndown reporting
- Work with QA engineers to create test plans
- Coordinate and lead the product launch activities
- Set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and products
- Agency experience highly preferred, client-facing experience is a must
- 3+ years of product ownership or business analyst experience
- Preferred: Scrum certification (CSPO/PSPO or similar)
- Preferred: B2B and B2C software development experience
- Preferred: Experience with web and mobile development
- Ability to pick up technical and business concepts quickly
- Strong sense of empathy for client, end-user, and team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Tools: Experience with Jira required, Sketch (or similar design-based tool) is preferred
Our recruiting team will guide you through our evaluation and interviewing process. We will communicate an update on your status as soon as possible. The recruiting team member guiding you through this process is Jane Welch, and you can find her on LinkedIN Here. She is based in our Madison, WI office and looks forward to guiding you through this process.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.