Product Owner at Millennium Trust Company (Chicago, IL)
MILLENNIUM TRUST COMPANY is a rapidly-growing, leading financial services company offering specialized retirement and institutional services. Whether clients are managing corporate retirement assets, running a business or wanting choice beyond traditional asset options, we provide flexible and digital solutions to support our clients’ success. Ultimately, we aim to educate and increase access to investments to help our clients on their journey to retirement readiness, but do not provide investment advice.
Millennium Trust has experienced year-to-year double digit growth and prides itself on its strong, progressive culture. We have been recognized for our tremendous growth on lists, such as Crain’s Fast 50 and Inc. 5000, and have also been recognized for our positive workplace culture on the 2019 Best Places to Work in Illinois list, as well as the 2019 Model Workplace Award and 2018 Champion for Young Professionals Award from the Greater Oak Brook Chamber of Commerce. Millennium Trust employees live out the values of Do Right, Excel, Collaborate, Innovate and Celebrate and deliver the brand promise of going “Above and Beyond,” so each client experiences the highest level of service.
We are always looking to expand our growing team with dynamic and enthusiastic individuals. If you enjoy a collaborative, fun environment that encourages career development, Millennium Trust is the place for you!
The Product Owner will lead the product vision and delivery of initiatives in Retirement and Custody Services by using Agile squads focused on the client experience. The squads will be empowered and accountable to drive specific business and technology outcomes such as improving the client experience, increasing business operational efficiency, launching new products, and retiring legacy systems while aligning tactical decisions with strategic architectural principles. The ideal incumbent will be strategic, innovative, and creative with a solid analytic foundation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create compelling product visions
- Develop and execute product roadmaps with a focus on measurable outcomes
- Track and regularly shares progress with stakeholders and the team
- Author user stories and provides context for the product vision, strategy, and requirements
- Groom backlog and ensures that stories are ready for development
- Define KPIs while monitoring and reporting on business and client metrics for the product.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, various business lines, vendors and Technology to elicit, analyze and understand needs, constraints, risks and alignment with organizational strategy and priorities
- Work in partnership with the team and stakeholders to employ Agile methods, processes, tools and metrics to deliver value including ongoing product backlog refinement, product roadmaps and release planning
- Engage and collaborate with the team to create and manage Agile artifacts (e.g. Product Roadmap, Backlog, Release Plan, Lessons Learned) and information needed for prioritization and decision-making
- Regularly assesses features and costs to determine if and when to proceed with a product
- Responsible for accepting product deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business, Product Development or related field
- Scrum Product Owner or Certified Product Manager credentials preferred
- 5 - 7 years of applicable experience
- Experience with retirement, alternative strategies, or custody services
- Experience with various technology solutions including Salesforce and Service-oriented architecture
- Background in Financial Services and Fintech strongly preferred
- Must be a strategic, innovative, and creative thinker with a solid analytic foundation
- Demonstrated leadership skills to gain credibility, garner respect, and guide the creation of self-organizing teams
- Ability to be assertive with business priorities and address opposing viewpoints while adhering to Agile concepts and principles
- Working knowledge of Agile practices such as iterative development, incremental delivery, backlog management, burn down metrics, velocity and task definition
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills to connect and engage with the team, facilitate discussions, advocate for the team, negotiate with the business, mentor team members, and resolve conflicts
- Solid analytical skills, creative problem-solving skills, and high attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal direction, and flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and schedules
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously and manage stressful situations
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts and architectural principles to drive scalable solutions.
Check out a video on our Company Culture! Millennium Trust Culture