Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Product Owner?
Are you an experienced Product Owner / Business Analyst looking to make a huge impact on a growing organization? We are building a smarter choice for car insurance and we want you to join us on this mission. Clearcover is hiring a Product Owner who will work directly with the VP of Product to help us build world-class insurance products. We need someone who has direct Insurance industry experience building out comprehensive software requirements and writing user stories, ideally using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) scenarios. You must have demonstrable experience owning requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, development of requirements traceability and acceptance criteria.
We need someone who is technical and can develop data diagrams and models, has expert level User Story writing skills and is skilled at writing BDD style tests for story verification and UAT. As you develop a deeper knowledge about our products, you will work on building standards and processes to improve the capture and decomposition of business, functional and technical requirements. This role has the potential to grow into a Product Manager.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What will you do?
- Work with the VP of Product to help deliver awesome products.
- Elicit and document business and functional requirements using a variety of interview techniques
- Transform business requirements into detailed User Stories and clearly defined acceptance criteria that engineers can consume.
- Decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to facilitate a general understanding
- Bring organizational ability to prioritize, plan, and proactively manage conflicts.
What do you need?
- A minimum of 5 years as a Product Owner / Business Analyst, and most recently in support of Insurance software development in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Expert level User Story writing skills, including for web and mobile interfaces
- Excellent understanding of how to write BDD style tests for story verification and UAT
- Ability to facilitate meetings effectively
- Ability to conduct a variety of elicitation techniques (JAD, Interview, Observation, etc)
- High levels of energy, integrity, and curiosity
- Knowledge of SQL is a must have to do rigorous UAT.
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation and flexibility, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover 90% of your premium, 75% of your dependents and contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- While we don't match yet, our 401(K) is pretty slick
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social