Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role within Payment Services Infrastructure is responsible for participating in and leading infrastructure system strategic development, including analysis and gathering of all relevant information as input to user story workshops for developing a Service Portal that includes other products like Disputes, Servicing, FX, pricing, etc. This has both an inward and outward facing responsibility and is critical in ensuring the common understanding of what is being delivered.
Responsibilities include business analysis, backlog grooming, Operational readiness and substantial collaboration with Payment Services business and technology partners. This role is heavily reliant on communication across participants and management, agile methodologies, Payments knowledge and industry trends.
- Manage and prioritize work/backlog, collaborating and representing Business stakeholders for developing a User Interface
- Facilitate and encourage conversations between the Business and Technology to determine the what and the how of the features
- Ensure all user stories are kept up to date as things change throughout the release; attend user story workshops and backlog grooming sessions
- Manage and provide critical support and coaching to any direct reports; conduct goal reviews, support development plans and administer performance evaluations
- Develop partnership relationships with Other Technical and Operational Teams and maintain working rapport with others, leveraging these relationships to meet common project milestone/goal.
- Provide cross functional knowledge of Technical infrastructures, Application development and Payment Services industry.
- Prepare, edit and present accurate information with minimal direction. Identify auditable processes and ensure all documentation, both internal and Client facing, is current and compliant.
- Compile and illustrate metric trends, outlining potential options.
- Provide input and support for business analysis; support development of presentation material
- Review, analyze and prioritize Voice of the customer feedback to incorporate in user stories
- Identify Network alignment opportunities and lead fundamental initiatives
- Lead research efforts to identify industry or Payment Services practices; develop and deliver response or presentation materials for use with internal and external Clients.
- Lead the creation and establishment of processes (new & old) and procedures that ensure consistent and repeatable process, including engagement processes and documents, project documents and boarding/certification processes
- Key contributor in related projects meeting
- Travel is required where/when necessary to turn ideas into actions
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technology related discipline) or the equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience working in product ownership
- Extensive knowledge of the Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in interpreting data and translating into insight
- Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
- Ability to prepare clear and concise communications to internal and external business partners and senior management regarding initiatives, issues and achievements
- Proven leadership to drive cross functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
- Development of Voice of the Customer into executable strategies and requirements
- Proficient in creating Wireframes using tools or Screen designs with some experience on UX
- Proficient in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other Product Owners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!