Join Our Team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Nexgen Packaging as a Product Owner! You will lead and guide development while being a representative for our Nexgen platform. At Nexgen Packaging we are building a team of talented, experienced, and creative individuals! We embrace independent thinking self-starters who are looking to be part of a hard-working team that enjoys what they do. We are committed to investing in our employees’ growth and creating career opportunities for everyone at Nexgen. If this sounds like a team you’d like to join, then let’s meet!
We are changing how companies leverage technology to manufacture and manage supply chain. We have created a software platform to optimize, organize, and digitize customers’ portfolios. Considered the industry’s leading technology platform, over 10,000 brands and manufacturers globally use the Nexgen platform. Our customers include both traditional retailers like Converse, J Crew, Chico’s, and Kate Spade and emerging companies like StitchFix, Bonobos, and Fabletics that are changing the retail landscape.
Our Commitment to You:
We will provide a space that:
- Embraces forward thinking,
- Values employees’ contribution,
- Drives personal growth, and
- Recognizes the value of quality of work and quality of life.
We love to see our employees grow, embrace the entrepreneurial spirit, and demonstrate a willingness to contribute to our company’s successes. We are committed to providing rewarding experiences and helping our employees achieve their career and personal goals.
Nexgen is seeking an experienced Product Owner to guide the development of commercial SaaS solution. The SaaS platform is a mission critical supply chain management solution used by global organizations to run their enterprise. This is an incredible opportunity for an individual with combination of technical and product development experience. If you demonstrate a good understanding of commercial software product design, are technically fluent and passionate about creating products then this a position for you!
As a Product Owner, you will drive incremental product releases, via disciplined Agile development Processes, working with software development teams. You are responsible for identifying business priorities and guiding the product design by representing the voice of the customer. Critical to the success of this role is delivery of the function and feature set measured by overall product quality, usability and customer adoption.
- Identify business challenges, design solutions, set priorities and guide product development
- Create detail user stories by collaborating with stakeholder, develop and maintain a prioritized backlog
- Work with development teams to ensure that they understand requirements and scope for each feature
- Actively participate in the agile process and clear any ambiguity impacting successful delivery
- Track full life cycle of feature / functionality from design through QA and release
- Develop detail product requirements / specifications, design documents, UI mock ups, test cases and user documentation
- Assist with development of marketing materials, white papers and articulate customer benefits of product offering
Ideally, We’d Like You to Have:
Required Skills/ Experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering successful commercial software products
- Demonstrated ability to guide commercial SaaS product offering in an Agile development environment
- SaaS product experience including understanding of SaaS models, architecture & cloud platform
- Ability to break down complex business problems and design elegant solution with a keen sense towards product usability incorporating UX / UI design principles
- Experience collaborating with globally distributed development teams
- Prior hands-on experience with software development or product management for supply chain commercial solutions is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to adapt your communication style for the audience
- Ability to identify solutions to business challenges; grasp industry, business and technology trends
- Minimum BA/BS degree required
A team of four entrepreneurs and industry veterans founded Nexgen in 2006. They knew they could build a great company that could help retailers with their branding solutions by leveraging state-of-the-art technology, exceptional employees, and an outstanding work environment. We pride ourselves on exceeding customers’ expectations by listening to their needs and executing on our commitments. This approach has led to industry-leading growth for Nexgen and our team. Since our founding we have grown to over 600 employees globally, with shipments of over 3 billion products a year!