Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Key member of the business who is the conduit to technology through the Agile team. Responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused on the Agile team and implementation. Reviews and accepts user stories. Partners with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continual planning cycles.
Team Statements Product Owner and Card Statements strategy lead. Manages the Statement channel for printed Statements. Primary Liaison to business partners who market in Card Statements, Legal/Compliance, Production and Processing teams. Includes oversight of Card Statement campaign for quality assurance, ensures all business partner requests and legal mandates are accurate. Key member of the business, who is the conduit to technology thru the agile team. Responsible for writing user stories that align to the product features. Ensures the pipeline (backlog) stays full and is prioritized. Internally focused on the Agile team and implementation. Reviews and accepts user stories. Partners with Product Managers to prepare features and user stories for continuous planning cycles
- Provides status updates to the business and management
- Manages and prioritizes sprint backlogs
- Empowers decisions regarding functionality and priority in the sprint. Approves each user story during the sprint
- Develops user stories from prioritized features. Leads efforts to attain product vision and objectives. Writes acceptance criteria for user stories. Ensures that user stories meet the Definition of Ready (DoR) and are updated in the system
- Collaborates with agile teams to follow through on business priorities and visions
- Partners with agile team to deliver customer and business value through product features
- Manages Statement placement strategy testing
- Leads annual/monthly planning and decisioning of requests for marketing in Statements. Primary Liaison for campaign development and execution
- Manages Statement campaign calendar, insert communications and inventory destruction
- Initiates and manages analytic requests for Statements
- Control execution lead for Statement Marketing approvals, placement requirements, message counts, insert grid validation, annual message review and procedure compliance
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Product Owner, Business Analyst, Customer Service and Relationships, IT, or related
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!