Founded in 1978, Levy has pioneered premium sports and entertainment dining and remains one of America’s fastest growing and most critically acclaimed restaurant companies. Named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants, iconic sports and entertainment venues, and convention centers as well as the Grammy Awards, PGA Championship, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA All-Star Games, and has been named 2015 NHL Retailer of the Year.
Our values keep us grounded, responsible, and hungry for more.
INNOVATIVE - We are the original disruptors.
PASSIONATE - We’re dreamers who make big things happen.
EXPERIENTIAL - We design experiences that hit all five senses.
NICE - The best work is done by the nicest people.
Levy is seeking highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic Product Owner (PO) to guide the development of our Order Management, Supply Chain, Financial Reporting or Premium Service sales platforms. The PO acts in service to the Product Vision and is responsible for owning the delivery of new features from concept to EOL. Embedded in the Scrum development team, the Product Owner at Levy will drive the agile culture Levy IT is building. The PO is responsible for the translation of business user requirements to user stories, design, usability, quality and delivery of a product or feature. The PO works with architects, product strategy and development teams to ensure that product releases are delivered in increments that meet that business, quality and functional goals. The PO is the key decision maker on development priorities and works to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development life cycle. The PO understands both the engineering and business side of the product release and is ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
· The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity and approaches problem solving, teamwork, and innovation with a positive attitude. This person gains a strong understanding of our customers, including the driving forces in data-centric products and technologies.
· Serves as a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains and uses excellent communication skills to translate business stakeholder needs to technical stakeholders and vice versa
· Develops an understanding of the business user base and builds strong business stakeholder relationships to deliver maximum, prioritized value and quality to stakeholders
· Coordinates with stakeholders including Product Strategists, third party vendors, executives, end users, and the team to guide product backlog prioritization, minimum viable product (MVP) definition that meets the product vision, & company strategic goals
· Develops epics and user stories for all new functionality, defines user acceptance criteria in partnership with end users, and facilitates UAT to ensure new functionality meets that acceptance criteria
· Serves as Scrum Master facilitating the scrum process and resolving impediments to sprint progress
· Coaches Development Team members on Scrum Methodology
· Works with Scrum team, Product Manager, and other Product Owners to manage release planning
· Works with other Product Owners to ensure dependencies and shared resources are prioritized appropriately across teams
· Inspects, accepts, or rejects completed work from the sprint
· Communicates work in progress and upcoming work to key stakeholders
· Oversees data-centric products, applying domain expertise and critical thinking to ensure products are performing as expected as new data is processed over time
· Must possess superior communication skills, strong coaching skills, and the ability to motivate teams and individuals around a common vision of product development excellence.
· 4-year degree or equivalent experience
· 5-7 years of relevant Product Owner or Business Analyst experience in an Agile software product development environment
· Experience owning a product’s vision and ushering development cadence in service to that vision
· Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies
· Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences
· Interest and ability to apply skills across diverse domains such as agriculture and transportation
Preferred Skills/ Experience:
· Retail/Hospitality industry experience nice to have
· Experience with schedule based and feature based releases
· Experience with iterative delivery
· Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO)
· Experience writing stories
· Exceptional communication skills
· Experience with Agile backlog/project management tool, such as Rally, Trello, or Jira
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.